Ch 1

AN: Hey yall this story came as a huge surprise. I blame Yoongi and his "D-DAY being" photos as the inspiration, I won't use all pictures in this chapter, I have a lot of ideas... This story is going with my usual dark themes. There will be violence, blood, gore, and double-crossing to name a few. This is my introduction chapter but this story won't be extremely long. As always, thank you for reading with me, and buckle up because it's going to be a wild ride with a surprise twist. This chapter was written to "Can I by Kehlani." I never thought I'd write a mafia story as there are sooooo many but as I said in my bio, I'm open to all genres of storytelling. The links will be posted on all socials and the mood video will be posted on TikTok. Thank you for stopping by :)

It was a typical day for you, working doubles to help pay for your father's medical bills. You did this tirelessly but it was only the two of you, he depended on you. Your jobs were in the office doing administrative assistant during the day and at night in a retail store. One evening you received a call from the nurses in the hospital stating it wasn't an emergency but you needed to be there to discuss treatment options. Your boss was not understanding of your situation but you left anyway because family is family. You rushed to the hospital and saw your dad in the bed, "hey, pops. I missed you. How are you doing today?" He cups your cheek, "I'm fine sweetheart... Thank you."

Just as you're about to speak again Nurse Banks comes into the room, "Yn, we need to speak with you." You nod and follow her through the long hallway into the office. You sit down in the soft chair and stare at her in front of you. She hands you a stack of papers and you start to thumb through them. You sigh, "A-and what's all of this?" She sits up straight, "It's different treatments for your dad and a breakdown of the costs. This organ started to fail at a rapid rate and-" While glancing through the papers, "Which one has the highest success? I don't care about the cost... I'll figure it out." Your eyes widened when she directs you to the last page and you see a figure of $442k for a transplant. She takes a deep breath, "This one has the best success, but we also have to monitor him post-transplant to ensure his body does not reject it."

You began to sob, "A-are you fucking serious? Can't we just do it the old-school way?" She looks at you blankly, "You know that's not possible, it's not safe or sanitary

You began to sob, "A-are you fucking serious? Can't we just do it the old-school way?" She looks at you blankly, "You know that's not possible, it's not safe or sanitary." You dryly chuckle, "Look if you just cut the shit out and put it on ice then... I won't tell a soul." You sigh as the tears fall, "Ok ok... I know, just trying to make light of a shitty situation... Let's do it." The tears fall and you pick up the papers and leave the office." You rush back to your father's side, "Everything is going to be ok, I promise you, Dad." He falls asleep and you pick up your purse to go to work. You were almost to the front door when you see him dressed in all black staring in your direction. You couldn't make out all of his details with tears in your eyes then he motions for you to move closer.

You were not in the mood and tried to get past him while zipping up your coat, "Excuse me, Ms," his deep baritone voice caught you off guard. You keep going then a large hand rests on your shoulder. Spinning around to face the man, lush dark locks pushed back, his pinstripe suit, black leather shoes, and coat. Wiping your tears and looking at his face, his beautiful pink lips were slightly parted and he had a scar on his eye. He looks at your curvy frame and long curly hair, and he continues, "I see you here often and uh-" "NO SHIT..." Darkness flashes across his eyes, "Let me finish... As I was saying, you seem to be in some sort of trouble." "And what gave you that information." His gummy smile shows, "I've kind of been watching you... You arrive in tears and leave here the same way."