54

There are a lot of people in the club, and I've never felt this alone in my life. Theo has Adam, Sophie and Draco snogging and I? I can't tell the guy I love that I'm threatened to leave him. Mattheo's gaze has been on me the whole night, him sitting at a chair by the bar. Me dancing on the dance floor. None of us seems to keep our eyes away from each other, yet he's staying away from me. It's a good thing. You never know who's around. That video can easily be leaked, and I can't risk that. Yet I'm terrified that someone, a girl, will walk up to him and ask him out. He can say yes. I left him. Do I want him to? No.

"Hello there, gorgeous," a dark-haired guy walks up to me, tattoos all over him. Some people would see him as hot. I see him as scary.

"Are you here alone?" I look around, trying to find any of my friends, unfortunately none of them are here.

"No... I have my friends." He bites his lips, leaning in closer to my ear.

"Do you have a boyfriend? Or are you free tonight?" His eyes inspect my body, and I gulp before shaking my head.

"What are you answering, gorgeous?" before I get the chance to answer, arms hug my body from behind.

"I see you found my girlfriend. Thanks for keeping an eye on her, mate. You can piss the fuck off now." The clearly older guy stares at Mattheo, who holds me from behind. Then he leaves the room, and I step away from mattheo.

"What was that?" I ask, annoyed in my voice.

"What it was? He didn't look like a good guy Gracie." no, he didn't, and I was scared. But I wouldn't be telling him that.

"Maybe I wanted him to talk to me," something in Mattheos eyes changes. He only states at me.

"What happened to you, Gracie? We were good, really fucking good." His voice sounds weird. He's drunk. My heart aches, and I feel his pain. I'm in pain too.

"I told you... I needed a break. I can't do this, Matt." He smiles a little before leaning closer to me.

"I know you say that. But I don't trust you. I see the way you look at me, the way your eyes can't seem to look away. Or how you hold your arms close to your body when you pass me because all you can think about is my hands touching you." His breath gives me butterflies, and I feel weak in my knees.

"Tell me what's wrong, please tell me. Tell me what I have to do to make you mine again. You are mine. We both know that. You're mine as much as I'm yours." His fingers linger over my arm and I shiver.

"Matt... Stop," He doesn't, instead he leans closer, leaving a kiss on my neck.

"I told you to stop," he takes a step back. His eyes meet mine as he stares at me with sad eyes.

"Gracie...." I shake my head before leaving towards the bathroom. Feeling a need to wipe away everything from tonight. This is not working, I thought it would be easier to stay away. I thought I would be okay by now. It's been three weeks, and I'm still in love with him. Why? Why won't it fucking go away? I drop my face in my hands, staring into the mirror at my face—the face of a miserable girl who has no control over her life. The door opens, and I sigh.

"This is taken." Whoever it is must be drunk because they continue to walk into the room, and I look up in, seeing shadows of a male body.

"Hello?" My voice was shaky, and I slowly began to panic.

"Hello, Gracie. How are you enjoying Nice so far? It's a gorgeous city, isn't it? Perfect place for some summer attractions. But there is a struggle in your love paradise, isn't it?" Panic fills my body with the voice. I would recognise this voice anywhere. It's in my dreams. It's in my head. I know this guy.