40

Mattheo - Sophie

Mattheo
Where is Gracie?

Sophie
Morning

Mattheo
Sophie
I know you want to protect your friend
And that you're sceptical when it comes to me
But please

Sophie
Gracie is at home

Mattheo
Why?

Sophie
It's Mrs Notts birthday

Mattheo
She won't answer my texts

Sophie
yeah

Mattheo
I do not want to make a biggy

Sophie
She did ask me for one thing...

Mattheo
What?

Sophie
Gracie is the strongest girl I know
And she's fucking amazing
But there is one thing that changed her a few years ago... Something that haunts her

Mattheo
I know about Label
And if she doesn't want me to know that's fine
Just... Let me know if she's ok?

Sophie
Gracie is okay Mattheo
It's been years and even though it's fucked up
She's never been stronger
Just don't pressure her ok?
None of us knows what it feels like

Mattheo
I won't

Sophie
Gracie asked me not to look at her differently
She means the same w you

Mattheo
I wouldn't

Sophie
yeah I know that now
Shell be home tonight

Mattheo
Thank you!

Sophie
treat my girl right Matt
I can't see her broken

Mattheo
I know it's a lot to promise
But I will really try my best
I don't think I could forgive myself if I did

Sophie
good

_______

The corridors are empty and quiet as I walk my way back to my dorm later that night. I love spending time with my family, more than anything else. Theo decided to stay but I don't think I could, knowing what's waiting for me back at Hogwarts. I fucked up. I know that. And mattheo is probably worried over the bomb I dropped last night. A part of me wants to go to his dorm and tell him the truth, but the other wants to wait.

"Gracie?" The tired voice behind me asks as I'm about to open the door. I blink a few times, seeing if it's all a dream or I'm really here.

"I waited for you to come home-But I didn't know when..." I turn to face him. His face is different from usual. He looks worried and sad, not confident and sexy. Although he is hot, I would nothing more than act like nothing and go back to what we are. I'm scared things will change now, that we will back away.

"Can we talk?" He asks, taking a few steps over to me. I nod slowly before opening the door.

"If you don't want to discuss it, I'm fine with it. But I can't go around knowing someone hurt you. Knowing you are hurt." I bite my lip, playing with my fingers while sitting on my bed.

"What happened that night?" I look up, meeting his gaze.

"Everyone used to drink at parties. I didn't. But that one party, I tried to have something, and I ended up quite drunk..." I stop, and he sits down beside me.

"Label talked to me a lot that night, and at first, I thought he was nice... He wanted to help me since I told him I felt like throwing up." Mattheo looks down. "

He took me to the bathroom and began to touch me, not in a good way. At first, I was shocked and didn't say a lot. But then he started to kiss me, and I tried to push him away." He sits there, listening but not looking at me.

"I screamed. I wore a dress. I don't remember much of the details, but if it weren't for Theo... He would done more." I look down again. Feeling something leave my chest, maybe relief?

"That was you?... The girl screaming... I heard it, but Theo stopped me." I shrug. I didn't know people heard me. But it makes sense.

"I didn't know... I don't blame you or the others. Fuck... I'm so sorry." He looks at me with sad eyes. There's a different tension in this room. Usually, when we're in it, it's the exact opposite.

"I was fourteen. I shouldn't have had a drink or."

"No, don't blame yourself, Gracie. Nothing was your fault, and I'm so proud of you for speaking up." He pulls me closer, and I sigh, wiping away a few tears.

"Please don't look at me any differently." He leans down to kiss my hair, shaking his head.

"Who you are is not where you've been or been through. I don't look at you and see your past. I look at you and see the girl I fucking adore and would do anything for." I smile a bit, even though I know this can change his way of looking at me.

"Just don't be careful or-"

"I'm treating you the way you deserve to be treated. Can I ask you something?" He links his lips, and my eyes stay on them.

"Yes."

"Do you remember anything you said yesterday?" I think I love you. But I don't say that. Instead, I shrug.

"Is there a special part you are thinking about?" He smiles a little.

"Maybe? Is there a special part you remember?" My lips go up in a smile.

"I fucking like you, Mattheo." He leans down to kiss my cheek.

"And I fucking like you, Gracie. Kinda like the opposite of hate." My eyes meet his, my cheeks go red, and my butterflies go crazy. The opposite of hate is love, not like.

"I think I opposite of hate you too." He leans down to kiss my lips.

"God damn it. You're going to add me to your list now, aren't you?" A frown takes place on his face.

"The list with all of the girls who have loved you before." He smirks,

"I can't promise you're alone on that list, but I know for sure that there's a list that's echoing your name." I stay quiet.

"What list?"

"The girls I have loved before and now. It's you, Gracie." And there we have it, the booms.

"Do you still want my strengths and weaknesses?" I ask, remembering what he said when I was drunk. He holds me closer to him.

"For as long as you let me." Just please let it be forever and always.

"If something haunts you, talk to me. I understand this happened a long time ago. But if you feel sad or anxious, let me know. I want to help." He says and I nod slowly. Feeling so much better.

"I promise. Do you think I should tell Draco? I trust him." Mattheo smiles a little.

"Do whatever feels good for you. I think Draci adores you and honestly, you're even higher on his best friend list than I am. But don't feel pressure to talk to him because everyone else knows. He will understand." I lay down, nodding slowly.

"Thank you..."

"We're a team, remember?"

_______
The amount of Taylor references this chapter has. Sigh
I've also lost like 80% of the comments on this book, so I guess the trauma stuff wasn't appreciated, sorry for that