Chapter 201 - Jedayu's Revenge

"What do you choose? Live or die?"

Those words rang in everyone's ear like a drum. The 5 people standing outside the interrogation room were looking intently at Junichiro.

Several seconds after Daichi gave the ultimatum they saw tears falling down the man's face. And at that moment they knew what option he was going to choose.

Heiji looked at the boy with new respect and slight fear. 'He broke him. In just 15 minutes he broke him and with just words no less. That is some Ibiki level interrogation shit. Who the hell is this kid?'

The Royal court messenger Yondu looked at the boy in a new light. 'So this is a Sannin's apprentice. It seems he's picked up a lot more than just Medical skills from his teacher.'

Genma was perhaps the most surprised out of anyone. He was there on top of the Hokage Mountain when the 3rd Hokage first met the boy. At that time he never could have imagined the boy would have such a dark cruel side to him.

As the conversation progressed Genma was stopped by the minister and he had to watch the Genin kill the prisoner.

Daichi came out of the room and the Jonin couldn't read what was on his face.

"East Plaza. Kumoragi Mansion. We should move quickly."

Before the Jonin could even speak to him, Daichi walked away. He was about to follow but the Yamanaka ninja with them, who was silent until then spoke. "Give him some time. He needs to process this."

The usually cheerful Jonin was silent with a somber expression. He decided to do as his fellow shinobi said and waited for Daichi to get his head straight.

Yondu turned to Heiji and his fellow interrogator. "Inform the ninjas stationed to keep an eye on all movements in the Eastern Plaza."

Taji also gave his orders. "I need you to deliver a message to the guards at my Mansion. Tell them to only keep essential personals. The rest of them are to converge on Kumoragi Mansion. I don't want Jedayu to escape."

"Yes sir." Both ninjas vanished.

—-

The young Genin was standing near a window looking out at the city in front of him. His mind, still on the face of the man he just killed. He took a deep breath of air and then slowly let it out.

He looked at the numerous reputation increase/decrease notifications piled up on the corner and dismissed all of them without even reading them.

'He died for what he believed in... I can't fault him for that.'

Then he thought about the question that's been plaguing his mind. 'I wanted him to talk because I needed to successfully complete my quest. But... Would I have gone through with it? If he had decided to keep his mouth shut... Would I have put him through that unimaginable torture?... Do I actually have the capacity...? To become such a merciless monster... Am I becoming one of them?'

At that moment Daichi remembered the words Tsunade once told him.

"Don't change. Don't let this life consume you."

"I won't sensei." The Genin muttered to himself.

"Hey kid."

Genma's soft voice brought Daichi out of his thoughts. He turned to the side to look at his temporary Jonin instructor.

"Hey."

"I know this is a stupid question to ask considering the situation but are you alright?"

"I'm fine."