Inaccuracies

Tim POV:

I told her it was a bad idea.

I told her she wasn't ready yet.

To no one's shock, she didn't listen. 

Although, knowing that, it still didn't surprise me that Chen still had zero quit in her. If it meant taking down one of the largest drug-runners in LA she would hop on it as quick as possible.

It's been 3 days, and nobody's heard anything from her. Her last call to Harper was less than a couple minutes long and consisted of her whereabouts and how she felt being stuck in low-end motel.  

This type of gut-wrenching feeling I've only felt twice, when Lucy was abducted, and when Isabel got shot. Every time after I got them safe, I swore to never allow it again. Both for their safety, and my sanity.

This time, I had to put Chen's training above my worries. 

"Los Pájaros, they have her." I announce out barging into roll call. "They're the only ones who could." Harper shooting daggers at me, probably pissed I'm still worried about her going through with this assignment.

"Bradford." Sergeant announces. "My office now." 'Great he's pissed too.'

Storming across the station, enraged at every officer who signed off on her going undercover.

"Yes?" I demand. Refusing to sit down. Nerves eating at every part of me. 

"There was a car accident 4 days ago." Grey explains hesitantly. "About half a mile from the motel she was stationed at." He looked down at a loss for words.

"No." My chest heaving. There's no way, she couldn't be. "Is she?" Refusing to say the word 'dead' as if that could jinx her existence. Either way, I was holding on to very little and I refused to let go just yet.

"She wasn't identified by first responders, or hospital staff." Grey inhaling and bracing himself to say what was next. "But her car was destroyed." 

"So, she's alive?" Confusion overtaking me, there's no way she's not okay. There can't be. "Best-case scenario..." Grey trails on. "Is that her car was stolen." "And worst-case scenario?" My voice jittered with terror and uncertainty. A sharp breath heard across the room. "I'll be making calls to the Los Angeles Morgue."

"I'm going to the motel." I turn and head out of the room. I can't sit around and do nothing. "Bradford." I hear the ridiculing tone shout from behind me. I hesitantly face my watch commander. "Yes?"

"There's nothing I can say that'll convince you to stay put here so be careful and bring her home." He nods approvingly. "I will." 

Slamming the shop door closed and with the gear shift in reverse, I exit the station and make my way down to the motel. The only thing I could possibly think about was every moment I've shared with Lucy thus far. 

The sunshine that pools in her eyes, her contagious smile, the way her laugh can heal any bad day. The pranks and jokes she pulls. Her empathy, her passion and every little quirk about her. 

I've loved her since I learned there would be nothing left for me if I lost her. That was a little less than four years ago. When Caleb pulled her away from me and hurt one of the only pure things about this sick world.

Regret and revenge fill my body as I pull into the parking lot of the motel.