Chapter One: Clone Force 99!

The small blonde walked behind her friends and allies. She wasn't a trooper, but she still worked hard with them. She was looking for any excuse to leave though. Something about the war made her tired. She looks up as she walks with Commander Rex who she followed out of friendship. She wasn't a trooper, Sith or Jedi. She used to be a daughter of a senator and a princess, but her planet had since fallen and now she was just a regular person. A ship was approaching and was not slowing down.

"Incoming!" She calls out and everyone scatters. The ship lands and she looks at Rex and then at Commander Cody.

"So why haven't I heard of this squad?" Rex asks.

"Experimental unit Clone Force 99, they're defective clones with, uh... desirable mutations." Cody explains.

"99, eh? Nice Touch." Rex replies.

"They call themselves... 'The Bad Batch'." Cody explains. The hatch opens and the leader steps out first. She looks over towards him and her green eyes widen at him. Something about him called to her. That's never happened before. He looked back as the team's technical analyst, stepped out after him and looked up from a device he was messing with. The team's sharpshooter steps forward and crosses his arms over his chest. Finally, the team's muscle stepped out and took his helmet off.

"The cavalry has arrived!" He exclaims, loudly. The leader and their sharpshooter remove their helmets as they walk over towards Rex. A red tint crossed her face as she looked away.

"These guys are clones? They don't look like clones to me." Kix says.

"Sergeant, good to see you again." Cody states, greeting the leader with a hand motion as they met.

"You too, sir." Hunter states.

"This is Hunter." Cody explains looking at Rex and her.

"Sorry, we're late, commander. We were putting down an insurrection on Yalbec Prime when your comm came in. Had a few unforeseen... complications." Hunter explains. Their muscled one laughs.

"Ever fought a male Yalbec?" He asks.

"Um, no. Can't say I have." Jesse states.

"You're lucky." He replies, "Only way to kill'em is with one of these." He pulls out a dagger and she looks at it impressed. She liked working with daggers better than blasters.

"That's right." Hunter explains, "Wrecker here cut off the Queen's stinger while she was still alive. That's why all those Yalbec males tried to eat us."

"Uh, technically, they were trying to mate with us." Their techy one states, stepping forward towards them. All of them were actually trying to impress her, that's why they were telling their story.

"And, for your information, the stinger of a Yalbec Queen is a delicacy on some planets." He continues.

"They call him Tech." Cody explains.

"Yeah, he can fill your head with useless info for hours." Hunter explains and she lets out a giggle which causes everyone to look at her but Hunter redirects them, "Crosshair, on the other hand, he's not much of a conversationalist, but when you have to hit a precise target from ten klicks, Crosshairs your man. So commander, what kind of 'suicide mission' do you have for us this time and why is there a civilian here?"

"Kyla is no civilian. She's fought with us in countless battles. She's perfect for stealth." Rex explains, "Kyla is one of the first to consider us... human."

"You all are human." Kyla explains with a smile, "Some are just more interesting than the rest." She looks over towards the 'Bad Batch' through her lashes.