Chapter 12: Landing

Bowser's pov:

I was so happy I got to be with Luigi before the ship landed. I didn't want him to be alone throughout the duration of the flight.

In the cardboard box I used to take him to my room is what I used to bring him back to his cell.

"Be careful Luigi." I whispered into the box. "Sometimes the koopa soldiers go on patrols before landing."

He remained silent until I placed the box onto the floor and opened the flaps.

"I'll see you when we land then, I guess." He smiled, strolling back into the cage.

"Someone's in a good mood."

"Yeah...I got to spend time with you and I get to see Mario today! It's awesome!"

He's so cute when he's happy...

I quickly took the key from the box and locked the cage, waving Luigi goodbye one last time until we would land.

Wait...

I forgot to tie him up again. And we have no more rope. Maybe Kamek can magic some up? He better do, or we are doomed.

I marched down the corridor, scanning for Kamek in each room. Only a few minutes later, I reached the deck of the airship.

Jeez, the final place I looked. There he was.

"Kamek, do you have any rope? I need to tie the prisoner." I confronted him.

"But sire, you only have 90 seconds before landing. How could you possibly bind him that fast? Mind getting there in the first place..." He trailed off, looking away and back to my face in a ponderous manner.

"Can't you do it? You have the magic wand."

"Fine...What were you doing with him anyway? Why did you untie him?"

Now I was being interrogated.

"We were just...Talking."

"Sure...Sure...I'll pretend I believe you. And who cares, I'm on your side. I wouldn't grow disloyal to you over...'liking one of your own prisoners'."

I sighed with relief, looking over the edge of the airship.

"Thank you Kamek, I really owe you one. I mean it."

"Wow, that prisoner really softened you up, didn't he? I've noticed; you've gotten so much nicer recently."

"Now you're pushing it." I stared angrily at Kamek, quickly dropping the anger as the ship loomed over the Mushroom Kingdom.

We arrived.

--------------------------
Writer note: Sorry this chapter is so short! I've been really busy trying to juggle stuff, but hopefully I can balance out my life a bit more and increase both the quality and quantity of my writing for all you guys who read it. And thank you for doing so! The plot is evergrowing....

:)