Chapter 1

A stream of blood exited the victim's mouth, easily soiling the clean white night gown that he was dressed in. The assassin drew her sword from the middle of the target's chest, leaving a gaping wound that oozed with blood. It streamed out like a waterfall, a deep red waterfall and didn't seem to end. With a flick of the wrist the assassin shook off excess blood and returned it to its sheath.

Only minutes later another assassin strolled through the door. His tall, lean frame sagged on the wall in exhaution after taking care of the several dozen guards that were hired to protect the victim. "You know I hate being the decoy," he sighed, a slight sweat forming on his brow. The female assassin just ignored his whines, accustomed to his childish tatrums. "Ely, I'm done it's time to go," but there was no response, "Elentiya!" He whispered as he strode up to her, "It's time to go."

"In a minute," Elentiya agreed half-mindedly. "Hey, Tyair... isn't there something perculiar about his eyes?"

Tyair approached the limp body with caution fearing why she was worried about an executed mark. "I don't see anything?" He questioned completely confused.

"Look, there's no fear in his eyes." She indicated. Instead of closing his eyes in fear; the victim demanded that he saw his murderer's face. It astounded her, after so many kills, no one had ever reacted like him. Even she would feel fear when she came face o face with death's door. Although assassins were trained not to be afraid, there was no stopping human nature.

"So fascinating," Tyair yawned. His sarcasm went completely unappreciated to her.

"I want to have him buried." She said.

Tyair laughed, "Come on, let's go. Someone in his family will surely bury him."

"I'm serious, this man has earned my utmost respect. Besides he has no family - no children and his wife died of an infection. His extended family do not even wish to know him." She recited the facts from memory. Always learning everything about her mark.

Elentiya entered Tyair's personal space without thinking. They stood so close that he could feel her breath. "Please?" She begged, rather uncharacteristically.

"Fine, but I'm not carrying him. Now, let's go," he replied.

"Thank you."

***

It had been a while since the assassin had thought about Tyair, her ex-partner. She always felt a wave of guilt when she thought of him. After all, it was her blunder that had cost him his job, but she couldn't get caught in stuff like emotions. She lay cold, curled up sleeping on the hard, rough, cobbled streets of an unknown land. She hadn't found out where she was. She thought herself lucky enough to have escaped the unforgiving desert which she was stranded in.

It had been a week since the assassin had eaten. Her last meal being an unsatisfying desert rat. Without completing jobs she held no money to her name. It was another severe punishment from breaking yet another rule. Her master could be cruel, but this was just him being nice - spending a year outside of the Order.

Elentiya looked down at herself, staring at her clothes in a large puddle of rain. She wore a dirty blue tunic and unappealing brown shade of baggy trousers underneath her dark hooded cloak. She was disgusted but didn't think about it for long as her stomach rumbled. She clutched her stomach which seemed like it would explode from the noise it was making alone. Food and money were the only thoughts that swarmed her mind.

What do you think? Please Comment :)