Chapter 3

Arriving at the hospital I was point in the direction of dad.

When I enter the room dad was sitting on the bed with his eyes in his phone.

"I warn you."

"Mal! You came."

"Of course I came. Why wouldn't I. Come on let's go home."

Good thing he work from home.

We got home and I finish unpacking and then get my stuff together for school tomorrow.

"Mal dinner!"

"Coming." I put my highlighter case in my bag and head downstairs.

I take my seat at the counter and eat my mac and cheese.

"So do you like the school?"

"Its different than what I'm used to but I like it. They even have a football team."

"A football team sound nice."

I shrug.

"Don't got to bed late tonight or you'll over sleep and no one like to for their first day."

I'm too tired to stay up late anyways. All the moving and unpacking zap my strength so I'll just go straight to bed when the the time comes.

The sound of the doorbell echo through the house. I push my plate away and stand up.

"Don't move."

"Who is the parent here?"

I laugh and went to see who was at the door. When I open it imagine my surprise.

"Carmen?"

"Malibu? What a coincidence. We're neighbors!"

"This is amazing! Oh where is my manners. I'm Malibu Westcoast."

"Lana and John. Nice to meet you young lady."

"Come in. My dad had an accident so I banned him from moving too much."

"You banned him?"

"I know it sound strange but he like being on his feet. Dad our new neighbors are came to say hi."

"Hello. I'm Kennedy."

"What happened to your leg?"

"Was putting some knives away and they fell."

"I told him to stay away from sharp objects but he won't listen."

"Who is the parent here?" He throw his hands up in frustration but I think he's just being a drama queen.