please fix the disease in my brain

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

"i want to go by he/him pronouns again," dream announces from the doorway to the lounge.

two of their boyfriends look up from where they're lounging on the couch, equally confused but accepting expressions on their faces.

"alright," sapnap nods understandingly, smiling at the blond. "do you want to talk about this decision?" he offers.

dream shift from one foot to the other, swallowing back the lump that builds slowly in thei- his throat. "no, not really," he shrugs, trying to act casual. "there's not really anything to talk about."

"okay," sapnap smiles sweetly.

"george?"

the brit looks over with an inquisitive hum.

"is that okay with you?" dream asks.

"yeah, of course it is," george is quick to assure, matching sapnap's kind smile with one of his own. "whatever makes you feel most comfortable, love."

dream kind of wishes that george could've said no, but he knows that would never happen.

dream nods.

he hears the front door behind him and turns back to see karl walking in, groceries in hand. "hey all," he greets as he walks over. he stops at dream's side, giving the blond a kiss. "how are my boyfriend's and partner doing on this fine morning?" he asks them.

"i'm going by he/him again," dream tells karl too. "so it's just boyfriends now."

"oh, okay," karl nods, his expression seeming more surprised than either of the other boys. "since when did you uhm, decide that?" he asks, clearly trying to sound sweet and understanding but losing it to the confusion evident in his tone.

"i've been thinking about it for a while now," dream lies, "i just think it fits me better. i made a mistake with the whole they/them thing."

"right, i got you," karl smiles. "i'll be back through in a sec, just have to unpack this," he grins, offering sapnap and george quick kisses too as he passes through to the kitchen. "is someone going to help me?" he calls back after a moment.

"dream will," george offers up cheekily, grinning down at his phone, "seeing as he's the only one not doing anything."

it makes dream feel sick.

he asked for this.

the blond goes through to the kitchen without question, wordlessly getting to work with helping the brunette unpack all the shopping.

karl offers th- him a big smile, teeth shining through. he goes over to the lounge, peaking his head in to say, "dream's my favourite boyfriend now, by the way. you two are both on minus brownie points and he's the only one getting cuddles from me tonight."

at that, dream looks back to see sapnap scrambling off the couch to help too.

they can't find it endearing. they can't even be happy over the nice things karl was saying about th- him! because all he is hearing is the gender-specific terms, being spat back at them.