Chapter 21

~~~~Y/N's POV~~~~
I’ve barely woken up when I get a call. “Are you ever coming home?” Alex’s voice comes through the speaker much too loudly for how early it is. “Because if not, I’m getting a cat.” They know I’m allergic, so I'm hoping they’re just being dramatic.
“I’ll come home tonight, okay?” I hiss, trying not to wake Hailee. She stirs in her sleep next to me, and all I want to do is get back under the covers and snuggle her.
“You’ve been back in LA for three days already, and you haven’t come home. Taylor has been sleeping here waiting to see you.”
“What?” I shoot out of bed and slip quietly out the door.”What do you mean he’s been sleeping there?”
“We wanted to surprise you when you got home. But no, you want to spend every waking moment with Hailee; who are we to stop you?” They sound really mad. I didn’t realize they had missed me so much.
“I’ll be home tonight, Alex. I swear.” I start mentally preparing to tell Hailee, knowing she’ll give me puppy-dog eyes and ask to come with me. And I’ll probably say yes.
“Do not bring her with you. I am not trying to overhear you in bed together,” They warn me. Shit.
“Okay, I won’t. I can't promise I won’t talk about her constantly.”
“Ugh, the honeymoon stage,” they groan. ”I’m kidding. I was expecting that. Only I expected it three days ago.”
“I got that. I’ll see you tonight. Bye.” I hang up. I rummage around the kitchen, getting things together to make Hailee’s pre-workout smoothie. Since we got back, I’ve been getting up before her to make it, and then while she’s working out, I make breakfast and coffee. After going through my emails, of course. It’s been really nice being here, honestly. I am about to head back to the bedroom when Hailee pops her head into the kitchen.
“Hey baby,” She sing-songs. “Good morning!”
“Good morning to you, Gorgeous.” I hand her the glass with her smoothie in it and give her a quick kiss. “I was about to come wake you up.”
“Thank you.” She takes a drink and groans. “God, you’re so good at everything!”
“I try.” I wink at her and excuse myself to get dressed and ready for the day. When I get back to the kitchen, Hailee is already gone, her empty glass in the sink. I go through my emails on my phone, and then I start on breakfast. I’m sitting down to eat when Hailee gets back. Her skin is glistening with sweat, making me flush. “Good workout?” I ask as she sits down with me.
“Very. I’m definitely awake now.” We eat quietly for a bit before she asks, “What’s on my docket today?”
“Nothing much, actually. Lunch with Griffin before his race this afternoon.”
“You’re coming, right?”
“I was planning on it, yeah.”
“As my girlfriend, or as my assistant?” she grins slyly.
“Well since you didn’t specifically ask me to come, I was going as your assistant.” I’m teasing her, and she pouts.
“But, Assistant Y/n stays out of my vicinity unless she’s called upon. I want you close!”
“Girlfriend y/n doesn’t attend to your every single need, though.” I prop my chin in my hand and grin at her, raising an eyebrow. “I thought you liked that.”
“There are, um, other perks to Girlfriend y/n.” She leans in to kiss me, slow and sensual.
“Careful, Hails, you’re treading dangerous ground now,” I tease her when she pulls away.
“Dangerous how?”
“Keep kissing me like that and you won’t make it to lunch at all,” I lean in again,but just before our lips meet, I swerve to stand and take our dishes to the sink. Hailee shakes her head at me.
“Promises, promises.”
~~~~Hailee’s POV~~~~
Griffin better win this race. Y/n is sitting next to me, and I would love an excuse to jump up and hug her right now. I keep telling myself, it’s almost time. Just wait until I get on Fallon, and I’ll announce our relationship to the public. But dammit she’s so sexy in her silk button-up shirt, and I just want to hold her hand or kiss her cheek or something. I lean over to whisper in her ear, relishing the scent of her perfume while I’m so close to her. “Let’s watch a movie tonight.” The thought of snuggling up on the couch with a bowl of popcorn, excited to watch a movie, but inevitably ending up ignoring it to make out gives me butterflies. She sucks in a quick breath.
“I can’t.” She looks at me apologetically. “I promised Alex I’d go home tonight.”
“When’d you do that?” I pout at her slightly.
“This morning. They’re really mad I haven’t been home yet.” Her eyes are pleading me not to be upset, and I’m not, but I still give her a hard time.
“Damn. I had plans for you,” I start.
“I’m sorry, Hails,” she says. I lean in to her ear again.
“I was going to throw you on the kitchen countertop and have my way with you.” I make my voice low, which I know gets her going.
“Hailee!’ She swats my arm, shocked, and crosses her legs. “Jesus,” she mutters. Just then, the race starts.
~~~Y/N’s POV~~~
We get back to Hailee’s house in the early evening, and as soon as we get inside, I push her against the wall, my hands firm on her waist. “You have got to stop.” I look her up and down, and fuck me, she’s so sexy.
“Stop what?” She asks, faux-innocently. I give her a look, and she answers herself. “Oh! Stop getting you horny in public? No thanks.” She grabs my hips and pulls me closer. “Then you wouldn’t be doing this.”
“Just shut up and kiss me, you tease.” I look up at her, and she bites her lip. “Please, before I have to go?” I add, giving her doe eyes.
“Can I come with you?” She asks, bringing one hand up to caress my jaw, tilting my chin up towards her. Oh, I am in trouble.
“I would, but,” I hesitate. “Alex specifically asked me not to bring you.”
“What why?”And there goes any sexual tension we were building. The hand on my jaw drops and her brows furrow.
“They miss me, I don’t know.” I sigh. “They don’t want me to be all over you and ignore them.” I admit.
“I guess that does make sense,” she allows, bringing her hand back up to my face. "I'm gonna miss you though."
"I'll be back tomorrow, drama queen." I roll my eyes and smile at her.
"Kiss me?" She pulls me into her and kisses me softly. "Get outta here before I kidnap you," she jokes, lightly shoving me away from her.
"I'll see you in the morning, Hails." I grab my bag and keys before stopping short of the door. "One more kiss?" I ask, and she obliges.
"See you in the morning," she says, and picks Martini up off of the floor. "I'll have to cuddle Teeny for comfort."
"Don't forget Brando!" I toss over my shoulder as I head to the car.