ix

'come on! did you kiss her, or didn't ya?'

nas, missy, and karma sat at lunch, ignoring their food as they gossiped about nas' experience with their science teacher.

nas grinned at the two, a silent answer that provided them with everything they needed to know, the blonde and brunette that sat across from nas squealing and grabbing each others hands in excitement for their best friend.

'oh, my god!'

'missy, shut up.'

they turned, looking at the teacher who nas could see from over their shoulders, a permanent grin on all of their faces.

'then what?'

'she couldn't look me in the eye after that. then the trip ended, and so did the term, i didn't think i'd ever see her again. then i start here, and there she is.'

'nas, this is fully, like, fanfic material, you do understand? a forbidden romance, total romeo and juliet style! well, juliet and juliet.'

karma gushed, only half jokingly, leaning back into missy, dramatically fanning herself, making her two friends giggle at her antics.

'i mean, i like her, like i really like her!'

nas leant to the side, peering around karma who was looking down at her small coin purse, seeing if she had enough money for a pepsi max and a bag of mini eggs from the canteen.

'but i don't know what to talk to her about, she won't talk to me unless it's about ventricles or summat.'

'just talk to her! y'know, you say summat, she says summat.'

'i know what talking is!'

karma stood, turning to look at the queue when she noticed the subject of their conversation headed their way, turning to look at her friends who had also noticed the fact. nas' face dropped and her eyebrows rose at the shit eating, mischievous grins that appeared on her friends faces.

'no time like the present!'

'no, guys, i don't know.'

missy ushered nas out of her seat and karma interlocked her arm with the girl, acting as though they were just walking towards the queue, but as soon as they approached ms. shariff, karma only shot her a cheeky grin before letting go of nas' arm, pushing her in the line of fire, right in front of her ex-fling, and continued towards the sight of the food and drink she was currently craving.

as karma stood in the queue, her pepsi max and mini eggs in hand, she was so distracted by watching her friend and teacher interact that she hadn't noticed the fight about to break out behind her.

as she heard the two students shout, no doubt a sound that would attract her teachers attention, she quickly stepped forward to pay for her snacks to cover up the fact that she had been watching ms. shariff at all.

she glanced back over to her table as mrs paracha counted her annoying loose change- despite insisting that she trusted the young girl, karma had wanted to make sure she had gotten the right amount- grinning at the sight of a giddy nas, who was looking back at her with a thumbs up, giggling excitedly next to missy. karma thanked the woman, apologising once more for her time consuming choice of payment, before speed walking back to her table, sliding onto the bench across from her friends, leaning in immediately to hear the details of the encounter as she opened her bag of mini eggs.

unbeknownst to karma, as she was too busy watching the wattpad-worthy romance bloom in front of her, the small spat had been between none other than jordan wilson, and two boys from his class.