vii

cory🌟🤍
  karm, im not sure how to explain myself but i'm so,
  so sorry.
  please, forgive me?

jord🎨🌞
  hey, are you free?
  if you are i really need your help, can you come to
  *address*?

karma stared down at her phone as she sat in science, looking at a text from each of the wilson brothers in her notifications. as ms. shariff set them off on a task, she grabbed her bag, walking to the front of the class.

'you okay, karma?'

'i'm sorry, after everything happening today i'm just so overwhelmed i really can't focus, could i finish the work in isolation or at home or something, im sorry miss.'

the woman sighed, looking at the quiet girl. she had been able to tell she was distracted all lesson, and decided that if she thought that would be best, she could let it slide.

'i'll give you the work as long as you go straight to miss carter and explain to get permission to go home, and if she doesn't then go to isolation, okay? i'll email your other teachers for the rest of the day to let them know.'

'thank you so much, miss, really it won't happen again.'

her teacher smiled at the sincere tone, and gave the girl the work for the rest of the lesson and the mark scheme for the questions, also handing over a slip for her to give to reception so she could see miss carter.

and karma, thanking her teacher once more, left the class, unaware of two separate sets of eyes watching her go.

karma rushed straight to miss carters office, hoping to speak to her favourite teacher for a few minutes and get the go ahead to leave.

after giving lorraine her slip at reception and getting permission, she was sat in front of the blonde head teacher, fiddling with the hem of her skirt.

'so, ms shariff's email says that you asked to go home due to the events of today making you feel overwhelmed, is that correct?'

it had been a half-truth, she really was feeling everything weighing on her and she had been wanting to cry for hours, but really, she could've done the rest of the day if she had to.

karma nodded, looking at her knees.

'i-i just don't know what's happening to us. we were supposed to be unbreakable and i thought it were just a phase, but after everything with missy and cory being dragged into it im not so sure, it's just- it's just that missy, she knows that cory would be the one person that would hurt me the most in this situation and she used him for it anyway, y'know?'

karma's voice broke, her shoulders sagging as she dug the heels of her palms into her eyes, stopping herself from crying.

'i understand, karma, it must be a difficult situation. i will allow you to go home seeing as you have the work and your teachers will email you any make up work that's missing, and i'm also going to give you this.'

she held out a slip of paper with the college logo at the top corner.

'it's a slip from me that will allow you to come to my office whenever you'd like, for a chat or to do your work or just to have a quiet moment, okay? think of it as a.. 'time-out card' of sorts, i would say go to isolation but i think that would be more hinderance than it's worth.'

'thank you so much, miss, you don't know how grateful i am.'

the young girl had a teary smile on her face as she looked at her headmistress, the blonde woman smiling back in sympathy at her favourite student, although she'd never admit the fact.