Chapter 9

Y/N looked behind and saw Red Shoes running from a wooden monster. "Hurry!" she yelled pulling Y/N and Merlin along.

"What is that?" Y/N yelled.

Merlin screamed as they saw a second wood monster "This kingdom has a serious monster problem."

They ducked down into a stone cavern where Merlin got hit by a stone that was sticking out.
"Are you alright?" Y/N asked him quickly.

Merlin groaned in pain "No

Merlin groaned in pain "No. I'm not." but they had to still keep running or they would be killed.

"What do they want, besides smashing us?" Red asked.

"I don't know!" Merlin produced a talisman and shot some lightning on a boulder in the hopes it would knock the monsters into the sea. He missed and Merlin scoffed "The old me would've nailed that." You just got Merlined!

"Hurry! Y/N, Red close your eyes." Merlin ordered. "This is no time for kissing, Merlin." Y/N told him. Red looked at them "What?!"

"Trust me. Close your eyes. Please, close them!" He begged as the monster threw a large stone at them. Y/N trusted him so she covered hers and Red Shoes's eyes.

Merlin exploded the rock with lightning "That was too close." the girls tried to lock at him. "Don't look at me. You see that tree on the other side of the bridge?"

 You see that tree on the other side of the bridge?"

"Yeah." Y/N nodded confused. "On my signal, run towards it as fast as you can." He ordered.

"No, we can't leave you here." Y/N argued. "You have to." He told her desperately "And don't look back, okay? Look right at that tree until I say it's safe. Promise you won't look."

Y/N sighed "Okay. I promise" Merlin watched as the monsters advanced and he yelled "Now!"
Y/N grabbed Red's hand and the two of them ran across the stone bridge to the tree.

All Y/N and Red could hear was the growl of monsters, the constant destruction of stone and the electricity. It took everything Y/N had not to look.