Chapter 7

MERLIN POV

I stood picking carrots from our garden and all I could think about was Y/N nearly kissing me.
I had been so close to breaking my curse.

Standing there I looked to the sky and daydreamed about her I saw her in the clouds and I wished she could see me in my real form.

I puckered my lips for a kiss but I was brought back to reality when I was hit in the back of the head with a carrot.

I turned around to complain and I was met with Arthur "What was that for?" I asked him annoyed.

"You, sir, are sabotaging my relationship with Red Shoes and Y/N." Arthur told me.

I scoffed "What relationship are you talking about?"

"Red Shoes, Y/N and I share a secret." He turned up his nose "I would tell you what it is, but it's a secret."

I sighed "While you're busy keeping secrets, I'm going to break my curse."

I could feel Arthur glaring at the back of my head "You're nothing without your spells, magic boy." he told me.

I smirked back at him "And you're nothing without Excalibur. You're not waiting for someone to pull it out for you, are you?" I joked.

Arthur's face fell "How did you know?"

I was genuinely surprised "Is it true?" Suddenly a bag was thrusted over my head and I couldn't see.

BACK IN THE HOUSE

Y/N'S POV

Hans had spent most of the morning in the kitchen and he had made handmade donuts for me and Red Shoes.

Red Shoes gasped when he brought out the beautiful platter of treats "Hans, you shouldn't have." She said smiling.

"Something sweet, for someone sweeter." He said happily. Red Shoes took a bite "This is spectacular!" She told him.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just let me know what you want. Any time, for the rest of your life." he added under his breath confusing me.
Then he sprung into action again "Do you like fondue?"

Suddenly Jack burst into the room with a jewellery box. "Behold! Carved by the finest jewellers out of all the jewellers I know which is a lot." He opened the box and showed me. It was the biggest diamond ring I had ever seen "Pretty."

"And it's yours, Miss Beauty, yours in exchange for nothing." Jack said selflessly before adding with a cough "Make it a kiss."

"That's really sweet Jack, but I can't accept it." I told him shaking my head "I don't want your jewells, only your good intentions."

"My intentions are more than good, they're super bonne." Jack said waving the jewellers gem around in a hypnotic fashion making me raise my eyebrow.

Outside we heard a voice yelling into a megaphone "Testing one, two. Testing one... no, I'm pushing it, you dolt. Attention! Hideous trolls! Is it dwarfs with an 'f', or dwarves, with a 'v'? I want to use whatever's more offensive."

"Oh, it's that loser, Prince Average." Jack said. Me and Red Shoes looked at each other confused.

"I heard that!" The Prince said "It's Avv-vous-rarge!"

"Oh, please." Hans scoffed.