Introduction

Thank you all for taking the time to read my story. I am about a decade rusty on writing fanfics, so bear with me as I find my groove again. My preference is to be writing rather than reading and I have finally found the drive to start typing away. I am hoping that this is not too similar to other writings, but I see the number of HotD fics growing daily so I do apologize if it is! I will be taking pieces from both the books and the show, so please don't come at me for things being too inaccurate.

In real life, I am Team Black girlie who'd make a quick exception to smash the older Green brothers, but to fit the narrative of this story, it will be Team Green leaning. Apologize for this all my Team Black people!

For those who are solely the show watchers, Saera Targaryen was one of the real daughters of Jaehaerys and Alysanne (King Viserys's grandparents). She did indeed flee to Lys, then Volantis after quite a big scandal in the Keep. She fathered three children, all who came to court when Jaehaerys was trying to figure out who would be his heir. The ASOIAF wiki has a good detail on both her and her sister Viserra for those that care. :)

On that note, enjoy! There will be eventual smut in the chapters ahead...don't you worry. I just enjoy the slow burn in the meantime. Hang in there with me.

For legal purposes, all of the characters, plot/canon aspects of this story from HotD are owned by George R.R. Martin. Other original characters, such as Viserra, have been made up in my own little head. I will note the artists for pictures that I use when I can, please let me know if you know of an original source if I do not have them listed. As an artist myself, I want to give credit where it is due!

For crediting future pictures:

Ewan Mitchell as Aemond Targaryen

Tom Glynn Carney as Aegon Targaryen

Phia Saban as Helaena Targaryen

Olivia Cooke as Alicent Hightower

Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower

Emma D'Arcy as Rhaenyra Targaryen

Matt Smith as Daemon Targaryen