𓆩𝟏𓆪⸝⸝⸝ 𝓐 𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓬𝓱'𝓼 𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓪𝓵𝔂𝓼𝓽

{ Hii Lovelies, this book will start off slow, bare with me lmao. Anywho, enjoy! }
—————————————————————————
⊹ ⊱ ❤︎ ⊰ ⊹ ---
𝒟𝒶𝓉𝑒 : 2/8/𝓟𝓐𝓢𝓣
𝒜𝑔𝑒: 14
—-

The sun had just set behind the hills as a friend group of four witches and a human make their way through a thick forest.

Gus, your former friend, reached out to you, Willow, Amity, and Luz to help him find his missing study journal of humans.

"Are you sure its here, Gus?" Amity doubtedly asks the boy. "I-I'm positive! Last time I had it, it was in this forest." Gus remarks, you notice his voice has a slight panic to it.

"Titan.. If I don't have my study journal, what kind of 'Human Appreciation Society' club president would I be!?"

"Chillax Gus! Just interrogate Luz and rewrite your notes." You attempt to enlighten the boy's frantic mood, putting a hand to his shoulder. "Yeah! Interrogate me!" Luz chimes in with your comment.

"N-No, if i'm going to be a responsible president of the 'Human Appreciation Society' club, I have to find my journal. It's mandatory!" He expounds determinedly. Willow sighs, "Well, if it'd make you happy." Gus nods in response.

The five of you continue on with your scavenge. Amity and Luz paired together, being the two love birds they are, as you, Gus, and Willow searched in your own little group.

Gus and Willow currently seem to be searching through a compact turf of grass. You however, decide to frisk around some bushes.

As you push the leafy shrubs aside, hoping to find Gus's lost item, you come across a dreadful sight. One that caused your eyebrows to furrow with worry.

Lying on the ground was the lifeless body of a baby griffin. Its majestic wings, once a brilliant grey, stained with dirt and dried blood. You rushed over to the griffin immediately, kneeling beside it to examine the body. You put a hand to its neck to check the creatures pulse.

Your heart sank as you confirmed what you already suspected—the griffin was dead. You could see no visible wounds or signs of illness. It seemed as though it had simply lost the will to live.

"You poor thing.." You mumble, feeling sorrowful for the damned infant. As you mourned the loss of the beautiful creature, you began to strengthen yourself up.

It's not fair, it was just a baby.. I have to do something.

You were suddenly struck with a batty idea.

You've experimented with resurrection spells in your lifetime, but it was too futile to figure out.. Truly no witch has ever triumphantly casted one before. Verily, many believed it was impossible. However, you studied healing magic countless times, you've been close to achieving the ability to resurrect, but you were never quite there. You've conducted almost every experiment possible.

Except for one... You've never attempted to use a mix of a plant-regeneration spell and a healing spell, but you've been meaning to.

Without thinking to your fullest, you began to place both your hands on the griffin's blood-spotted chest, just above it's dull heart. You then energized your left hand with a plant-regeneration spell and your right with a healing spell. A faint light began to emanate from your hands, enveloping the griffin's body in a warm glow.

You felt an immense loss of energy from casting two spells at a time.

Willow and Gus, who had seemed to follow you, watch, puzzled as you continued the spells.

The light grew brighter and brighter until it was blinding. And then, just as sudden as it had became visible, the light disappeared. Your hands slip off of the dead griffin as you merely faint.

"Y/N, are you okay!?" Gus shouts over to you. Too drained to respond, you just hold your head for support.

After a second you gain your consciousness. "I-I'm fine." You assure the boy, quite exhausted.

Abruptly, the griffin's body stirred. You, along with Willow and Gus, stare in awe as the creature slowly began to rise, its once-dead eyes, now filled with new life. The baby griffin stretched its little wings and let out a loud cry, its body shaking with newfound energy.

"H-How did you-?" Willow stammers, too shocked to even finish her question.

"Y/N! Titan, this is insane! You just casted the first ever resurrection spell!" Gus puts both of his hands to the side of his cheeks, baffled.

"I-I did it.. I DID IT!" You exclaim, standing up energetically.

After years of experimentation, you did it. You couldn't believe what had just happened. Just like Gus said, you had casted the first-ever resurrection spell in Boiling Isles, and it had worked.

You did the 'impossible.'

As you turned to face your two friends directly, they stood there with amazed expressions. Like they had witnessed something truly incredible, in which they did. Willow and Gus knew that you were a major in healing study. But they never could've imagined something as great as that to be yet accomplished by you.

The griffin, now alive and well, let out a joyful chirp towards you. It caressed it's head against your leg lovingly. You smile tenderly as you gently pet it to show your affection back.

Awww!

"I call telling the others first!" Gus blurtingly shouts, running over to where Amity and Luz was.

"Y/N, that was amazing!" Willow compliments, she felt like what she was seeing wasn't real. You grin modestly, "Thank you! I really didn't expect it to actually work!" You continue to pet the creature's head, still pretty thunderstruck yourself.

"I thought resurrection spells weren't even possible! How'd you do it?" Willow questions you curiously. "Well, remember when we learned how to revive plants in class?" Willow nods as a 'yes.'

"I mixed that with a common healing spell. It drained the heck out of me, but I'm just glad I finally figured it out!" You expound, Willow's eyes glisten with engagement.

You then hear a set of pitter-patters come yours and Willow's way. "Let me see it! Let me see it!" Luz yells, running through the bushes you passed to enter the area.

Amity and Gus follow up behind the eager girl. "Oh my Titan, you weren't lying Gus." Amity puts a hand to her mouth.

The three walk over to you, Willow, and the griffin.

"Wait, so resurrection spells aren't normal in Boiling Isles?" Luz questions. "Yup! This is the first one!" Willow says, patting your back. As Luz glanced over to you, you grinned humbly, stroking the baby griffin lightly.

"Cool! I'm SO telling Eda about this!" The group cackles at Luz's comment.

—-
And as of that, word spread. And it spread fast.

Luz told Eda, Willow told her parents, Gus told the members of his club, Amity told her siblings, her siblings pretty much spread it to Hexside almost entirely, and even they passed the news on around to the townspeople.

Everyone knew.

Everyone knew, you, a 14 and a half year old witch, had proven yourself, that a resurrection spell was in-fact possible after years of research.

Soon enough, the Emperor had sanctioned your achievement.