ONE

"Mom, why do we have to move into these apartments?" I asked while my mom pulled into Parkway Gardens.

"Because hunny, this is all could afford at the moment." Mom said as we parked.

Around this time, I was about 9 going on 10 years old. I lived in Cleveland until now. I would come to Chicago to come visit my auntie Coco and my cousin Dixon who lived in Parkway as well. 

"See, there are kids playing at the park, and your cousin Dixon is over there as well, but before you go over there, we live on the second floor door 2 by the stairs, okay?" My mom said opening the passenger door. 

"Okay, ma." I jumping from the moving truck

I definitely wasn't a fan of meeting new people I always had 1 or maybe 2 friends back at home but that was it. My mother always told me not everyone are your friends. So I am confused but okay. My mom name is Tanya but they call her Tiny, she was the best mom that I could ask for. 

We had to move because my dad just died a few weeks ago, he didn't have much to leave us with so we had to sell everything and move here we didn't have family in Cleveland just a few people on my dad side. They weren't going to offer a hand to my mom, and she wasn't going to leave me, so we had make due. 

I finally made my way over to T.Roy that was his nick name, he walked up to me and gave me a hug.

"What's up cuz, how you feeling?" He asked pulling away

"I'm okay."  I said, shrugging my shoulders

" Ight cool, let me introduce you to some of the gang." He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the group of kids

I approached the kids, and they all looked at me, it's felt like they were judging me. I felt weird and wasn't sure what was going on.

"So this is Duke, Edogg, Gleesh, Muwop, Mike, Draya, his twin sister Von. This is my cousin Zay or Yaya." T.Roy said 

Everyone said what's up, even head nods. Most of the boys had dreads, but Edogg was little and yellow, and Duke was a little lighter than Gleesh. I figured out who was who. Draya was the only girl at the moment, so it was all good.

"So what's that in your hand." Gleesh asked, pulling down my book

"I draw, so this is my art book." 

"Oh word, let me see?" Von asked, walking up to me

"Sure." I said, shrugging my shoulders and walking to some tables.

I passed him my book, and he started looking through my book, I had drawn so many things in my book. I loved cartoon characters, cars, motorcycles, and so many different things. I wasn't always like other kids. I was just fine drawing listening to music and watching the other kids play.

While Von was looking through my book, they other kids, including cuzo, came to look as well. They were impressed with my drawings, and I thought that was cool.