20 - The Return: 1

"Now it's time for my deadliest trap! Spatial Magic: Area-of-Effect Teleport!"

And with that spell cast, the spider monster disappeared, along with the largest of the quartet of spiders that had managed to survive her earlier onslaught of magic.

She had all four of them trapped in a net made of her webbing, and now that that was the case, the only thing left for her to do was finish the job. How did she plan to accomplish that?

Well, her main plan was to dunk them all in lava, starting with the biggest of them; the Arch Taratect.

So to accomplish this, she teleported both herself and the Arch to the one place that she knew had easy access to lava; and lots of it. The Great Elroe Labyrinth's Middle Stratum. The two spider monsters appeared in the middle of the air, right over a massive pool of lava with no form of footing anywhere close-by.

"Is that heat too hot for ya, buddy? Rhetorical question; of course it is!!! Or at least it's way too hot for me..." With the two falling closer and closer to the pool of magma below, naturally the heat started building up.

"Welcome to the Great Elroe Labyrinth's Middle Stratum─where you've earned yourself a VIP Pass to the Magma Baths! Now, keep your hands and feet inside the ride and fall into oblivion!!!"

But, it seemed like that future went against what the Arch had in mind. So instead of allowing itself to dive head-first into scorching-hot magma straight from the belly of an active volcanic zone, it used its Dimensional Maneuvering to create a platform underneath itself, only a precious meter or so above its fiery demise.

Now with some decently solid footing, the Arch did its best to try and get its smaller sibling off of its back, shaking itself around left and right on the platform, attempting to fling the pest on top of it away. However, that seemed more counterintuitive of it, as with every harsh movement it made, the platform it created to keep itself alive started to crack, not being able to support its weight. More over, its efforts were completely futile, as its sibling was still firmly locked onto it.

"...I mean, let's be honest with each other, you're probably gonna fall in anyway, so the sooner I wrap this up the better!"

At that moment the Arch Taratect stopped its frantic motions, as Hiiro jumped off of it on her own accord, creating her own platform above it,

"Here it comes...!"

Yet again, Hiiro summoned a large number of runes, all of them carrying the same spell; Black Bullet; and for the second time that day the Arch found itself as the target for a deadly downpour of Dark Magic, each bullet that struck against its exoskeleton chipping at more and more of its HP.

So, it chose the only option presented to it,

"...Huh?"

Healing Magic.

"How in the world does it know how to do that?!"

With one rune imbued with Healing Magic, the progress that Hiiro had made to completely draining the Arch's HP had started to wear away, as the green bar presented to her started to lengthen again. More over, feeling its platform beginning to fail it with its own weight being added onto by the blasts of Dark Magic assaulting it, the giant spider monster under her decided to create several more Dimensional Maneuvering platforms underneath the first one.

And more more over,

『Dark Resistance LV1』

"T...This is bad...! I can't believe it; I almost had everything tied up in a neat little bow, but now I can't manage to finish it..."