Chapter 4: Invasion and Infiltration

For the third day in a row, reporters are flocking around the campus gates, bombarding anyone coming or going with endless questions about All Might. Even from a few dozen meters back, Ryumi and Yaoyorozu can hear them accosting Iida and Uraraka - microphones and tape recorders jabbed toward their faces as the swarm closes in to prevent escape.

"What's it like learning from All Might?"

"Tell us what the Symbol of Peace looks like in front of the class!"

"Tell us about 'All Might, the teacher'."

Ryumi sighs, lowering her wings as she sees the crowd. "Ugh, media again...? We'll be late if we get bogged down answering their questions."

"What other choice do we have, though?" Yaoyorozu also stops walking, well back from the media so they won't be spotted right away.

"I have a thought..." Ryumi spreads her wings and grins. "Ever been flying before? You've made a jetpack or something with your quirk before, right?"

"Mm, my family has a helicopter that I've traveled in a few times." She answers so plainly, as if everyone has personal helicopters. It takes a moment for her to realize what the blank stare she's getting from her friend is for. "Oh, is that... not typical?"

Ryumi sighs again and shakes her head. "I keep forgetting you're a rich kid. I don't know how, but I do... Anyway. I can carry us both over, if you're up for it? Promise I'll take it easy." She slips her flight glasses back out of her pocket and puts them on.

Yaoyorozu looks from her friend to the crowd and back. "Oh, alright. If you're sure you can manage it?"

She can't help but laugh a little at the suggestion. "Don't be ridiculous, someone your size... I could probably carry two of you without even using my quirk. Three, if we didn't have all these textbooks on us." Ryumi adjusts the bag on her shoulder and steps up, putting her arm around the other girl. "Hold on." She grins and spreads her wings wide, giving Yaoyorozu a moment to grab hold of her shoulders before a flurry of powerful beats throws them both into the air.

Yaoyorozu grabs on tighter as the ground leaves them. "Aaaah! That's a lot rougher than I expected..."

Ryumi laughs as they soar gracefully over the crowd and past the wall. "Aw, that was actually pretty smooth, I thought. You should see what kind of tricks I pull flying solo."

"I think I'd rather not. This feels a lot more dangerous than the helicopter." Yaoyorozu complains as they set down, and she takes a moment to resteady herself before they resume walking.

Ryumi removes her flight sunglasses and shrugs. "Just because you don't have a metal box around you? I'd trust my own wings over a machine any day, but that's just my opinion... I mean, I've only been flying since I was like three or four years old. I like to think I'm pretty good at it by now."

Yaoyorozu shoots her a worried glance. "And you haven't broken anything? From falling or hitting something?"

The dragon girl cackles - this is hilarious. "Ahahaha. Of course I have! Loads of times. But you have to keep pushing or you'll never get faster. Plus Ultra, y'know?" She spreads her wings behind her and flexes one arm.

"You have a concerning amount in common with Midoriya." Yaoyorozu shakes her head as they enter the building, passing Aizawa on his way out.

"Good morning, sensei. Going to chase off the media again?" Ryumi says with a wave as their teacher heads down the walk.

Aizawa nods, growling in his usual early morning tone. "Someone has to. And Mic thinks it's 'my turn'."

"I'll make sure we get things started on time, sensei, if you're not already back by then." Yaoyorozu adds as she opens up her locker.

Red and White, Black and BlueOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara