Goodbyes

Warnings: A little sad but cute..

There's a feeling that everyone will feel in their lives

There's a feeling that everyone will feel in their lives. When someone else has their arms wrapped around them, who's wasn't there the night before but is the morning after. Such a feeling of comfort and humanity at its simplistic form had never been discovered, until now by Jo. She was a person who slept not well. In a way that, she had the tendency to be disturbed multiple times through out the night. It took time for her to be comfortable and when she wakes up, she cannot go back to sleep. Unlike most teenagers on a Saturday, Jo could not lie in as she completely wanted to. She was up with her parents having coffee and breakfast and was never dragged out of bed for school in the morning. She came across as punctual when in fact, she was running on 5 hours a sleep and a can of red bull all day. Now, having never shared a bed with someone, unless you count childhood sleep over with cousins around her own age. Jo was pleasantly surprised at her allowance of Wally to share the tent. Her bed was off limits, unless the dog walked in the room. She was not generous with her comfort places. Yet boundaries were over came and she bleary opened her eyes at around 3am, as she usually did. The chest she rested her head on moved up and down rhythmically. Wally's 'snores' were more like deep comfortable breaths that were signs of his great sleep he was having. Made her envious more than anything. His left arm was draped over her shoulder and pulled her to him, hand resting on her ribcage. His right arm lower, currently holding her leg in place as it lay over the top of his. Wally's hand held her tight gladded lower thigh. That alone made her feel butterflies in her stomach. However the leg was aching from the stretch and her neck had a slight cramp and she was wanting a drink of water;so she needed to move position.Quietly and subtly so not to disturb the 6'2 sleeping bear beside her. Raising her head slowly, she kept her eyes on Wally's face in case he flickered awake. Then gently lifting her leg, she felt his fingers loosen and place gently back on his own. Remembering the bottle of water she had in the corner of the tent, she sat up carefully and reached for it, Wally's breaths were still even, she kept her eyes on him as she uncorked the bottle and took a good mouthful. He looked so peaceful, eyelashes against his cheekbones, lips slightly parted. She remembered his jacket she still had on, the marshmallow stain on the cuff. She bit down on her lip, mind casted back to that night on the bleachers and how good it felt. She took another drink but the water bottle loudly clicked and she froze. Wally inhaled deeply, one eye opening barely and saw the gap under his arm.
"Josephine?" He whispered almost in a panic.
"Sorry" She whispered back, sliding down the sleeves so they covered her hands. "I was just getting a drink"
"I thought I squished you or something" He put a hand over his heart. "Your so tiny, I need to get you one of those reflected vests so I can see you"
Jo chuckled, letting the small joke slide for now.
"Do you want a drink?" She offered, showing him the water bottle. He sat up, stretching his back first before taking the bottle from her hands.
"Thanks" He started to down it, Jo only realised it when it was nearly over.
"Hey!" She stage whispered.
"What?" Wally panted, lips still damp. "You offered me it?"
"A drink Wally not the whole bottle, what if I wanted another sip?" She crossed her arms.
He smiled down at her, wiping his mouth with hoodie sleeve.
"You're so cute, so cute and tiny" He reached over and ruffled her hair messily. She grabbed the bottle back off him, fixing her hair quickly afterward.
"Flattery will get you no where" She pointed a finger in his direction as she finished off the rest of water, which wasn't a lot.
"Got me you, didn't it" He murmured as he reached down and kissed her cheek. "Or was it just my good looks and ridiculously great personality"
"The only word in that sentence that was a correct description of you, is ridiculous" Jo rolled her eyes, trying to not smile. She tossed the empty bottle in the corner, feeling him watching with that big annoying beautiful smile he has. "What?" She glared, as she turned around and sat on her knees, so she could lay in her stomach.
"Just love learning things about you" Wally let his index finger over her cheek. "Like you get crabby when your sleepy" He watched her face turn unamused, mouth hung opening prepared to argue. "Like a fussy baby"
"Well this fussy baby is leaving the tent" She said with no intention of leaving the tent.
"Not a chance small fry" He grabbed her by the waist and lifted up and on top of him, as he laid back down again.
"No, I'm not happy with you" She wriggled until he raised up completely and she hung in the air above him, with his hands on her waist. "Did you just put me in air jail?"
"I feel like Patrick Swayze" He replied, grinning to himself.
"Well nobody puts baby in the corner and nobody leaves her hanging in the air either, so can you put be down please, the blood is rushing to my brain" She said going limp dramatically.
"Your like a little angry raccoon" Wally laughed, lowering her down so was completely on top of him.
"I'm angry because I can't do anything to annoy you as much as you annoy me" Jo put her hands flat on his chest. "Can we go back to sleep now?"
"Okay, Gizmo let's catch some Z's" He nodded, lips pressing against her forehead.
"Thank you" She yawned as she lowered herself slightly and wrapped her arms around his waist. Wally reached over and pushed her hair away from her face and neck so it fell down the side of him. His hand kept sweeping her hair back, occasionally stroking her cheek and neck.
"Goodnight, small fry" He muttered, closing his eyes.
"Goodnight, sweetheart" She replied tiredly, her left hand lazily dragging her fingers up and down his right hand. Wally smiled big, hearing that and held her a little tighter.
-