Beginnings

*First news report*
At six pm on Monday, there was a hit and run just outside the Split-River High-School. Josephine Finnes was killed by a hit and run, while crossing the street to get to her car, after her after school book club. Josephine was seventeen years old. The driver, Mark Kelso, is currently in hospital after he later crashed the car again, where police discovered he was drinking heavily. There have been some updates. It has been confirmed that the hit and run was done under the influence of alcohol, where driver Mark Kelso was travelling fifty, in a school zone. Josephine Finnes parents have been told and currently asking for privacy at this time.

*Finale news report*
In memory of the student, Josephine Finnes. Friends and family gather and lay flowers at the bus stop where she was found on Monday evening. Her parents and siblings were first to lay sunflowers, saying their daughter was 'a beam of light and their lives now darker without her'. The driver Mark Kelso, aged twenty-three was charged with manslaughter amongst others. We continue to send our condolences to the Finnes family at this time, more on this story as we get updates.

————————————

Wally remembered the first time he'd seen Jo

Wally remembered the first time he'd seen Jo. She was sitting on the bleachers as she always did during her lunch break. With a book in one hand and a big sandwich in her other. At one point he got curious. I mean the chick sat there and never spoke, hardly moved other than to pick up her lunch or flip a page over. How could someone be so focused with all the noise? He was never much of a book guy, he was more of a movie type person. Then again, maybe books have gotten more interesting over the years. He took the bleachers step easily two at a time. He'd cooled it on his sports but still enjoyed coming out here every now and then to see how the team was doing or the other sports the kid's played. She didn't seem interested in anything else other than the words on the page. He got to her row and walked along.

"You know, the library is better for you, book people" He mused to himself as he sat down on the cold steel seat. As he did, he realised how much bigger he was than her. They were the same age, minus the obvious decades that he's been dead. However she was tiny, her head just touched his shoulder as they sat together. Her chin was practically touching her chest as she peaked through square rimmed glasses. They were sliding down her slim nose and he had the urge to push them up for her. Her tiny hand gripped her book and it wavered every now and then from the weight of it. Her other hand was raised to her mouth, sinking into the bad habit of biting her nails. Now he wanted to grab her hand and hold it away.

"Don't do that, you're gonna end up bleeding or something- you know I knew a guy who did that on my team and he bit the nail too far and he had put a rubber band here" he pointed to the tip of his finger as if she could see him. "So he could cut off the blood circulation so as not to feel the pain of it while we played- it's a bad habit small fry" He sighed, watching her stop reading and placed the book on her lap keeping the page. "What's got you so caught up anyways, I mean the boys are doing drills down there" He tilted his head to read the cover. "Twilight? oh no that's not that vampire flick everyone wouldn't shut about a few years back" He looked back at her face, shaking his head with a slight disappointment. "Y'know if I saw you sitting on the bleachers back '84 i'd think you're cute, i'd probably show off and you'd roll your eyes, I'd gladly allow you to distract me' ' He flashed a smile but then sighed out. "You've got that Carrie Fisher look"