008

SUMMERTIME SADNESS
11.16.2022
Norah's Point of View

The Ducks broke a 3 game losing streak yesterday against the Detroit Red Wings. It was here, so know hotel room jam out like two weeks ago.

Speaking of those two weeks, I've been consumed by the fact Trevor actually feels the same way about me. I've been trying to keep busy by working actually shifts at the flower shop.

Trevor asked me to dinner tonight, something we like to do from time to time. Usually we just get fast food and go to a drive-in movie, tonight we are going somewhere fancy.

I was getting ready in my room, I chose to wear a silk red dress that went about 3 inches above the knee. It has a hanging neckline. I curled my hair slightly. For jewelry, I chose the diamond earrings my mom bought me for my eighteenth birthday. I chose black heels for my shoes.

I did light makeup. Mascara, a little bit of blush and highlighter. For lipstick, I just went with a clear gloss.

I heard a knock on the front door, I was still putting stuff into my purse, so I thought Trevor was going to answer it, but he didn't.

I grabbed my purse and went downstairs to open the door. I opened it, and it was Trevor.

"Hi." He hands me a bouquet of daisies. He follows me to the kitchen and I put them in a vase with some water.

He's wearing a full on suit, similar to the black one he wore at the beginning of the season except the shirt underneath was silk and red, similar to my dress.

Once we get outside, I'm confused. Trevor has two cars, one being a Jeep and the other being a Porsche. I thought it would be the Jeep parked outside, but I was wrong.

He opens the passenger door for me and I get in. It's a convertible, and the roof is down at the moment. It's not cold, but I didn't forget a jacket.

I would ask where we are going to dinner, but I know he's going to say it's a secret so I don't bother.

I don't know where the restaurant is, but I'm enjoying the ride. The wind blowing through my hair, luckily not in my eyes. The sunset casting a beautiful glow on everything. Driving down the coast is one of my favorite things.

The only sound being the wind, Trevor turns on music. Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey starts to echo through the speaker.

TREVOR'S POINT OF VIEW

"Kiss me hard before you go." Her hand glides through the wind. The sunset only enhances her natural glow.

Now that I know she feels the same way I do, thanks to Jamie spilling it when I was 'asleep' I really planned an over the top dinner for Norah.

We don't really do fancy dinners often, so I'm kind of nervous. I just need to relax, I've known her practically my whole life. But then again, that was before I knew how she felt about me.

"I got my red dress on tonight." The wind blows her hair like she's in a music video, only better. It's kind of hard to keep my eyes on the road, I'm not going to lie.