004

MIDNIGHTS
10.21.2022

Tonight is the listening party for Midnights and I am so excited. The album comes out at 9pm here in Anaheim. The decorations are all set up and we are just waiting for Louise and Jamie to arrive.

Maggie and Liv couldn't make it, they had some last minute plans tonight but it's fine, I'm just excited to listen to the album.

I was in my room getting ready, I'm wearing my junior jewels shirt and some plaid pajama pants. Once I got dressed, I heard Trev letting in Jamie and Louise.

Weird that they arrived together, though.

"Hey guys!" I say once I get to the bottom of the steps. Once again, Lou and I were matching. Jamie's wearing a Taylor hoodie with some black sweat pants. Trevor's wearing the not a lot going on at the moment shirt with some gray sweatpants.

"I wish Maggie and Liv could've made it, these decorations are amazing." Louise says looking around at the Midnight themed living room.

"Trevor made Taylor themed foods." I say. They follow me to the kitchen.

"First we have look what you made me fruit," He says pointing to the fruit tray. "Hershey kiss me on the sidewalk, Invisible String cheese, Getaway carbs, those are rolls. Enchanted to meat you, the berry first night, my tears ricochip, queso it goes, and for drinks we have champagne problems and milkshake it off." He says.

"You really outdid yourself, Trevor." Jamie says looking at all the food.

"The ideas for the names are so smart." Louise says.

"Thank you, my creative skills were on point with this one." He says taking a little bow.

We all sit around, eating the themed food and drinks. Time flies by and the album comes out in 2 minutes.

"Favorite song predictions?" Louise asks. I'm sitting in the middle of the couch, Louise to my right and Trevor to my left.

"Karma or bejeweled."

"Question and Labyrinth."

"Anti-Hero or Lavender Haze."

"You're on Your Own, Kid and.. Snow on the Beach." I say.

"It's out!" Jamie, who was in control of playing the album, pressed play on the first track, Lavender Haze. Trevor said that would be one of his favorites.

"Meet me at midnight." Taylor is amazing at opening albums. From Welcome to New York to ...Ready For It? to The 1, to I Forgot That You Existed, this girl knows how to open an album. Midnights is no exception.

I think Trevor was right with his prediction, Lavender Haze is such a good song and I can tell he loves it. We all love it. The next track is Maroon.

I love her lower tone in that after the bridge. And don't even get me started on the bridge. The fact the bridge says the same thing twice but switches meanings all because of a comma is insane.

The third track, Anti-Hero is the single that's releasing tomorrow morning. The meaning of the song is great. The second bridge didn't make much sense at first, but when it clicked, it clicked.