003

MY PAPER RING
10.13.2022
Trevor's Point of View

I'm so nervous today, I don't even know why. I've done this before, it should be no big deal yet here I am walking home from the gym.

You might be wondering, Trevor, why is the fact you are walking such a big deal? Well I'll tell you. It's not a big story, it's actually pretty simple. Walking is one of my nervous tendencies.

I had my AirPods in, songs from different genres playing. Rap, Pop, even a little Country. Once I got home, Nor lectured me about how I shouldn't be nervous and I was a 9th overall pick or whatever. I did listen to what she said, but it didn't really calm my nerves.

I should be living up to these stats, and I just feel like I'm not doing enough, like I'm not good enough. For example, 9 picks before me, the first pick was Jack Hughes.

He's the same age I am, played less games than I have, and we even play the same position, but he's so much better than I am. It's like he's Maddie Ziegler and I'm Chloe.

I took a quick power nap to calm my nerves and then I started to get ready for the game. I put on the suit Norah picked out for me and I wanted to wear my gold chain but I couldn't get it on.

I knew Nor was downstairs, so I brought the chain with me so she could help me with it before I have to leave.

When I walked downstairs, I immediately wanted to go right back up them. I've seen Norah dressed up before multiple times but.. wow. She's wearing a ducks jacket, white jeans and a black shirt, which I'm assuming is a body suit. Her hair is curled and tucked behind her ears. And she pieced it all together with some small gold jewelry.

I didn't know what to say, I think I forgot about the chain for a good three minutes while I was subconsciously staring at her.

Weird tension.

"I, uh, could you help me with this?" I snap back into reality and hold up the chain that I came down here for.

Keep it together, Trevor.

"Mhm, yeah." She says quickly. I hand it to her and turn around. She's a bit shorter than me, so she's most likely on her tip-toes right now to clasp the chain.

As she's doing so, I feel her hand graze the back of my neck. It sends shivers down my spine. Hopefully it wasn't obvious.

Keep it together, Trevor.

"So, uh how do I look?" I ask looking down at my outfit. Honestly, I don't know why I asked that but I want whatever weird tension that's happening between us to stop.

"Great, nice. Yeah, you look nice." She says.

Why is this so awkward? We've been best friends since we were five years old. Things shouldn't feel like this.

"I, um, I gotta get going. I don't wanna be late." I say.

"Yeah, good luck." She replies. I grab the door handle to leave, but then I remember I had one more thing to ask her.

"Where are you and Louise sitting?" I ask, I hope it's on the glass, that's where I can see her best.

"On the glass, by the tunnel." She says. Perfect, that's the best spot to sit.