Epilogue

Epilogue

Another party. His abuela pulled him to another lavish celebration. He couldn't say no to his grandmother since she would always play the old lady card on him. He loved his grandmother dearly, as God knows.

His career as an engineer was just getting started. His parents supported him in establishing his own firm. He spent a long time studying and practicing in his own profession. Hindi naging madala ang pinagdaanan niya para makarating kung nasaan man siya ngayon.

He gazed around the area where they had put up the celebration. It was a large hotel ballroom that appeared very sophisticated and majestic. He was dressed up in his suit and tie as he began to eye those big-time prospects who could help him gain additional clients.

The woman was sipping her red wine quietly when Francis' gaze landed on her. Her eyes were also looking all over the place. When she locked eyes with him, it simply came to a stop. Francis's brow furrowed. Pakiramdam niya ay parang isa-isang hini-himaymay ng babae ang kanyang katauhan. She was wearing a body-hugging red dress. Her cleavage was slightlu exposed. Nag-iwas ng tingin si Francis. Pero nahagip ng kanyang mga mata ang mga tingin ng kanyang pinsan na si Riggs sa dalaga.

Francis shook his head and stood by while Riggs enjoyed feasting on that woman's body, but he couldn't help but feel uneasy. He couldn't keep himself from walking towards Riggs.

Riggs greeted him with a sly grin. "Asis, nice to see you here," Riggs said, raising his glass when he arrived.

"Are you enjoying your view, Rigss?" Asis inquired; his mouth slightly clenched. Something inside of him was raging, and he was puzzled as to why.

"What the fuck do you mean?"

He snatched Riggs' drink and downed it in one gulp. He needed to relax himself.

"That woman," he replied simply. Attention was drawn to the woman who was sweetly holding her red wine.

Riggs confirmed, "Ah, you mean Francheska?"

"Do you know who she is?"

Riggs gave a nod. "Of course, I knew here. Abuela was too fond of her and asked me to date Cheska. You know, I was too busy with my business, and I couldn't bear the thought of dating for the time being."

Hindi na niya sana papansinin si Riggs pero hinila siya nito papalapit sa dalaga. Nanlaki ang mga mata ni Francheska nang nasa harapan na niya ito. Riggs introduced him to her. He offered his hand and Francheska accepted it. Malamig ang kamay ng dalaga at mataman lamang itong nakatingin sa kanya. He was the who pulled out from the handshake.

Akala niya ay iyon na ang huling beses na makikita niya si Francheska pero laking gulat niya nang makita niyang nasa bahay na ng abuela niya ang dalaga. She brought him food and even texted him from time to time.

Hindi niya gusto ang presensya ni Francheska pero gusto niyang nakikita ito. Naguguluhan siya sa sarili niya. Palagi siyang pinapadalhan ng ulam ni Francheska sa opisina niya. Matiyaga itong naghihintay sa kanya sa lobby kapag busy o may mga importanteng meeting siya. Hindi nakitang napagod si Francheska sa kanya.

Hanggang sa kinausap na siya ng pinsan niyang si Riggs.

"You don't like her?" Riggs questioned, bewildered. He was putting scotch into his glass. Riggs paid him a visit to his office.

"I don't like having her around, and I'm not sure how to refuse her," he breathed deeply. He was unsure whether he was telling the truth.

"Gago! Hindi mo dapat paasahin, Francis." Iniabot ni Riggs sa kanya ang basong may lamang alak. Tinungga niya iyon. Hindi niya alam kung ano ba talaga ang nararamdaman niya ngayon. He was really confused.