It was a bad idea!

Aanya Raichand

"You have to agree I am intelligent." I said slurping on my cold coffee while I sat opposite to grumpy Malhotra in a small cozy cafe.

"So, intelligent. Oh my god, should I give you an award for this?" He asked sarcastically.

I just scowled at him and turned my attention towards the table where Di and Jiju sat.

Well, I forced Rudra to call Jiju in this cafe.

"They have not talked a single thing since they are here. They live together alone. Do you think this is going to make them sort things?" He asked with a bored expression while he sipped his boring black coffee.

"This is the place where they met for the first time." I said and turned towards him.

"Ohhh! Then it can help maybe. He talked about their first meeting for a continuous month." Rudra said chuckling.

"I know I am smart!" I said flipping my hair and giving him a wide smile to which he just gave his all time bored look.

"But we don't need to sit here. It is not like they are going to runaway." He asked and this time I rolled my eyes.

"What if they do? If we leave and then they decide to not sit over here?" I asked still staring at them and they both were literally staring at one another but were not ready to talk.

Crazy people!

"Now stop staring at them."  He said smacking my head and I glared at him for hitting me.

"Then what should I do? Talk to you?" I asked and made that irritating slurping sound with straw.

"I'll throw that coffee cup away!" He threatened me and I just showed him my tongue.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked breaking the awkward silence between us.

We have never in our entire existence sat like this face to face alone.

And that is why this was awkward!

Yeah! Slurping before him was not at all embarassing right?

I mean come on! It is Rudra we are talking about I only do weird shit to irritate him and I don't know how to behave normal around him.

I don't know how to have a normal conversation with him.

"Where are you lost?" He asked snapping his fingers before my eyes and I blinked to get out of my zone.

"You were asking?" He asked and the waiter got back with our remaining order.

"Ma'am your pasta and garlic bread." He said to me with a smile and also kept Rudra's order before him.

"Nice way of flirting!" Rudra muttered and I looked at him confused.

"Oh by the way... I was asking something." I said clearing my throat and he nodded in a yess.