Why is he even back?

Aanya Raichand

"This is the list. Go through it or whatever just get me the damn results!" I said to one of the IT guys banging a file on the table and he just scurried away taking it.

"I think you are a bit too hard on them, my little princess." Dad said chuckling as he got up from the couch I had in my cabin.

"Please dad! This guy will drive me nuts! I was busy on another project so I trusted them with it. They have been nothing but laid back!" I said frustrated.

"Oh god! I don't want another business woman in my house. Your mom is enough." Dad said laughing and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm barely a businesswoman. And mom? She is the worst nightmare any of the employees could have." I said as we both laughed.

Yuppp! My mom.

She is a software engineer and started her own tech firm when she was mere an engineer graduate. She is the C.E.O of AR technologies.

Growing up she has always been an inspiration for me.

Well, my father was never into business. He is a chef and owns his own restaurant chains which now by the way is handled by the middle child of our house, my brother.
Rohan Raichand.

"Now let's go home. You and your mom work like it is the end of the world" He said and I chuckled.

"What are you both up to?" Mom asked as she entered my cabin.

"He was bitching about you, mom!" I said smirking at Dad and he looked at me as if a deer was caught in headlights.

"He always does that. He is just jealous of me." Maa said and I laughed.

That sums both of them!
Always bickering and yet sticking together till the end.

I just want a love like them.

Is it too much to ask for?

"You ditched me." Dad's accusing voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

I laughed as mom kept glaring at him and he was doing his best to convince mom.

So, this is my small happy world.

"Jaldi chalo abhi. We have to get ready for the party." Maa said.

"See it is our anniversary today and your mom only knows how to work." Dad whined and I giggled.

My phone started ringing and it was Vikrant. I grinned looking at the caller Id guessing he already landed in India.

Vikrant Malhotra
My best friend and all time supporter.
We were in the same school and also have studied in the same college for Engineering.

Basically we have been inseperable since childhood.

We have a big gang to be precise and wherever we go we just create havoc.

There were numerous times when Rohan and Vikrant have had fights just trying to prove who is more protective of me.

Stupid people!

"Just tell me you are back already. " I answered with a wide grin and he just chuckled.

"Yesss my drama queen I am back. And guess what I have a surprise for you." He said chuckling.

"Wowww! The day just gets better. Don't forget you have to come to the party today evening." I said my grin never leaving my face.

He is returning from the US after two weeks as his family is there.
...

"Ohh my god! Who is this hotness?" Siya whistled looking at me as she entered my room.

Siya Kapoor
My bestest girl friend!

And I smiled looking at my reflection in mirror straightening my blue dress.
It was a baby blue dress which hugged my curves too much but fuck it.

"The way you flirt with me is the only reason my standards are getting high for guys." I said laughing.

"Ohh please! We all saw how low your standards were the last time you dated someone." She said rolling her eyes.

Let's not go there...!

"Now let's leave otherwise your mom is going to drag you from here." She said and my eyes widened.

"Let's leave. She'll scold me in a party full of people." I said shaking my head and she left.

" I have some work in the kitchen." I said and she went away nodding.

The moment I turned around I crashed into someone and my eyes closed on its own accord awaiting for the fall. Two hands swiftly encircled around my waist and pulled me.

This scent is familiar!

Oh nooo...
No..
Please, anyone but not him!

"Your still as clumsy as you were before I left." He said with a hint of arrogance in his voice.

And fuck!
It was him.
The one who ran away forgetting everyone's existence,
The one who does not mean anything to me,
Yet there is a void he left.
My sworn enemy.

I opened my eyes and looked at him with my mouth agape.

My heart started beating rapidly.

What the fuck is wrong with you, you stupid heart!

He stood there with a slightly annoyed expression on his face while he held me close by my waist.

"Rudra fucking Malhotra." I seethed as I looked at him with pure anger in my eyes.

"Yesss! This was the reaction I wanted." Vikrant said probably stopping the video that he was recording and walked towards us with excitement in his eyes.

"So, how is my surprise?" He asked grinning and I glared at him.

Isko surprise bolte hai bad news nahi?

"Soo good that I want to fucking kill you!" I said glaring at him.

"Bhai, are you going to leave her?" Siya asked giggling as she entered the scene and he left me as if he was burnt by touching me.

"Please, mujhe ise hath lagane ka koi shauk bhi nahi."
The most annoying, rude, irritating and every other bad adjective that exists in the fucking dictonary person said.

"Huh! And what do you think am I dying for you to save me? I would rather look at a pig then you!" I said pointing my index finger at him and he just shook his head giving me
You-will-never-grow-up look.

"Guysss! Stop fighting. I thought you won't fight if you meet him after 3 long years." Vikrant said huffing.

"And why would that happen? All our life we have only fought. What will be different after him coming back?" I asked rolling my eyes.

Yeah! Yeah!
Lie to them and yourself..
After how he left you did not wish that just once he would come back and give you that rude smirk of his.

"Exactly! Dusra janam lena padega mujhe isse acche se baat krne ke liye!" He said scoffing.

"Seee, he is soo rude!" I said huffing.

"And you are soo annoying." He said pointing his finger at me.

"You-- I started but Siya pulled me with her saying,

"We should go to your mom!"

Usko to baad me dekh lungi!