Do we really?

Rudra Malhotra

"Are you going to be back after dinner or any other plans?" I asked Vikrant on call as I grabbed my bag to leave for home.

"Uhh no I don't know anymore." He said with worry laced tone.

"Is everything okay? You went out with your friends na? Did something happen? " I asked him while walking in the parking.

"Yaa everything is fine with me but that is not the problem. I am worried for Aanya." He said and I rolled my eyes.

Uss dramebaaz ko kya ho gaya ab?

"Usne kya kiya ab?" I asked and started driving throwing my phone on the passenger seat while keeping it on speaker.

"She saw his photo." He said and I applied brakes to my car immediately and picked the phone.

"She saw what? Are you fucking serious? How did she even see it?" I literally yelled at him.

"Bhai, the fiance is our college mate. How do you expect she would not know." He said sighing and I slapped my forhead.

"I am assuming she has left and did not allow anyone to leave with her."  I said and started driving in full speed towards the place where they went for dining.

"Yess, and I don't know what to do. I know for a fact she will just be more upset if we talk to her now." He said and I heard someone yelling from the background.

"Now you are worried! You stupid ass, you could have saved the drama." Sia yelled at him and he just groaned while hanging up.

If she hasn't changed at all she must be walking on the footpath with her--

Yupp! There she was walking on the footpath barefoot with her blazer hanging on her elbow and heels in her hand.

I texted Vikrant that I'll take her home safely and turned my car towards the other side of the road.

I slowed down my car beside the footpath and lowered the passenger side window.

"Oyeee heroine." I called her and she turned towards me.

Her eyes were blank, no emotions.

"Get lost Malhotra!" She said waving her hand and walking forwards and I rolled my eyes.

Isko manana matlab duniya ka sabse bada kaam hai!

"Chalke ghar jane wali hai? Kal subah pohochegi." I asked and she turned towards me irritated.

She started walking towards my car and I stopped it.

"What the fuck is your problem? Can you not just leave? Like you have 3 years ago like a coward!" She yelled angrily.

Ouch!
I knew this was coming.

If I think Aanya is mean and no one can handle her then she is the meanest when she is in this whatever phase of hers.

She would not think twice before insulting you in the worst way possible and I have got used to it.

"Nahi. Itni jaldi nahi bhagunga iss bar." I said.

She just kicked the tyre of my car frustratedly and looked at me with the same blank eyes.

And I hate to say this...
But I do not like it at all.

"Like your life is none of my business. Mine is none of your business too. So please if you could take your stupid nose out of my personal life I would love it." She said stressing on each and every word and left while I sighed.