Part 39

Hello everyone!! 🙏🏻

At 22:00 Hrs....

Naveen, Shalini & Abhi were sitting in Abhi's room while discussing the events of the day with a cup of coffee. Shalini noticed that Naveen was unusually silent, so she asked him.

Shalini- Are you alright Major? (He didn't respond so she slowly placed her hand on his shoulder, which gained his attention & she asked again.)

Nav- (deep in thoughts) Yeah! Just thinking... I'm not sure but something is going to be very wrong but I can't pinpoint it!!

Abhi- What do you mean Naveen?🤨

Nav- (sighing) After going through so many misfortunes..... I sort of get these uneasy feelings whenever something terrible is going to happen.

Shalini- Maybe you're overthinking or you're just being paranoid Major!

Nav- Maybe... I'm!! But I'm really surprised how even Sameera can't recognise Sneha i.e., Lala's daughter?

Abhi- It's not worth surprising Naveen! Sneha was homeschooled for almost her whole life.... To avoid any controversies he caged her in his mansion with little to no social interactions... No one has really seen her before & not to mention he didn't even reveal her real name to anyone. (sighing) Lala ke aise kai karname hai ki aapko kya hi bataye....

An orderly informed them about an early meeting with other Majors headed by Vaibhavi, so they retired for the night.

Nav- Ohky! Has anyone seen Rajveer, Naina & Vidya... I haven't seen them for a while. (They exchanged glances.)

Shalini- Well! I was with Naina before you summoned me here... She was complaining about the headache, so I prescribed her some painkillers & plenty of sleep. So she will most probably be asleep after taking the medicines. But I've no idea about the other two.

Abhi- (thinking) I've seen them conversing with Karan & Arjun about half an hour ago...  Do you want to meet them?

Nav- Naah! It's alright... I'll see them in the morning... (mummers lowly) Don't know why this night seems to be very long.... Anyways.... Good night!!

Abhi/ Shalini- Good night!!

They went back to their respective rooms.

At 01:00 Hrs....

Gunny was visiting headquarters to access some old confidential documents from his locker. He grabbed some envelopes & left. He stopped his jeep on a deserted road near a shedulded canal.

He reached out for the envelopes from the passenger seat & opened them. Letters written in beautiful handwriting along with some dried flowers & colourful leaves, were present in them.