IT'S A YES

Next Day in the morning

Simran was sleeping soundly when her sleep got disturbed because of her mother's shouting. It's the morning ritual. Her mother starts shouting first for her siblings to get up then to get ready then to have breakfast. And that has been her alarm which would wake her up every morning.

Knowing she won't be able to sleep now, she got off the bed and did her morning routine. Before getting ready for school, she went out to see if she had to make breakfast or her mother will make it today. As she entered the living area the aroma of mouth watering besan ka cheela made her stomach growl because she hadn't had anything since yesterday's breakfast.

Besan ka Cheela

Besan ka Cheela

She entered the kitchen and saw her mother cooking. She was about to ask her to give her breakfast first when her mother asked her to take the plates and arrange the table. She without saying anything took everything one by one and arranged it on the dining table.

Then her mother came with the last cheela and placed that in her plate saying, "Eat nicely.....hmmm. You didn't have dinner last night."

'You didn't allow me to...' She said in her mind but didn't say anything loudly and kept eating as she was very hungry. Chitra and Rachit were eating fastly as they were getting late for their school and college respectively. Like always.

After finishing their breakfast, they both took their bags and left. Gargi noticed her eating silently so she said, "Ummm..... Are you okay beta?"

"Ji.." She replied.

("Yes...")

"Are you upset with the way we behaved with you?" Gargi enquired.

She didn't say anything but she was hurt. Although it was not the first time they behaved that way, it still hurts.

As she was silent Gargi said, "Beta, try to understand we are your parents. No parents want anything bad for their children. Whatever we do is for your own good. Now you tell me, will anyone want a girl as their daughter in law who came like that dancing and jumping....hmm. I raise you better. Then what happened to you yesterday. Why were you jumping like that?

And about the punishment of not giving you dinner, is also for you. Look at yourself. You eat two meals....right. Still you are fatter than your sister. First your dark skin then your height and on top of all your weight. You know na you are not beautiful.... so I have to do all these so that you could get a life partner. We can't keep you with us for all our life.... right."

She listened silently to whatever her mother said. Once again she blamed it all on her making her a bad person. She wiped her tears which left her eyes and was about to get up, when her mother said harshly again, "And no need to cry on small things. Whenever we try to make you understand something, you start shedding tears like we are torturing you a lot."