MARRIAGE PROPOSAL #2

Simran 's POV

I was really happy as I got half day leave and escaped from three classes today. The workload at session end time is too much to handle. I was singing and twirling without any care because it's 2pm now, which means Papa would be at the shop and Chitra and Rachit will be at their college and school respectively. And about Mummy, she would be resting in her room after lunch.

I was so happy that while singing, I twirled and removed my dupatta from my neck but I got shocked when my dupatta fell on someone's face. Specifically a man's face. And what I saw after that slipped the floor under my feet. There stood my father and mother with shocked expressions and there were other people too, whom I have never seen in my life.

There was a man older than my Papa and a woman, maybe, his wife and two young men. One of them looked handsome, he must be in his late-twenties or early-thirties. The other man....well I don't know about his looks as his face was covered with my dupatta. I think he was too shocked to remove that from his mouth. And Mummy was glaring at me so hard that if looks could kill, I would have been dead by now. And Papa, he was calm like always but I know he was anything but calm.

I walked towards the man and removed my dupatta from his face. And put my dupatta on my right shoulder. I couldn't gather the courage to look at his face.

Don't know what he must be thinking about me.

Mummy coming out of shock came to me and gave me a look which said We will talk about this later and gestured to greet them

"Sor...sorry" I said to my mother and turned towards the guests who were looking at me with amusement. Just then I heard someone chuckling but didn't dare to look who that was. I said Namaste and joined my hands but did not dare to raise my eyes towards that man.

"Simu beta, go get freshen up then come... hmmm." Mummy said with a fake smile. I nodded and walked briskly towards my room upstairs as I was so embarrassed that I couldn't stand there any more.

As I entered my room, Mummy came behind me. She glared at me saying, "What was that? You don't know how to behave in front of guests? That is what I have taught you?"

"But....I...I didn't know that we have guests at home. You also didn't tell me when you called." I said.

"So, you mean it's all my fault?"

"No, what I'm saying is that if you would have told me....." I was saying when she interjected

"Enough. We will talk about this later. Now go and get ready. I have selected a dress for you. Wear that only." She said confusing me.

"Why. I mean why do I need to get ready and who are they" I asked about the guests.

"Your soon to be in-laws. Now go and get ready. They are already waiting for so long. I don't want to make them wait anymore. What would they think about us and especially You." She dropped the bomb on my head and I was still processing it.