17

And the show must go on.....

Enjoyyyy!!!!!

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

As I worked for the following two months after Mrs Anderson had confronted me, work had honestly become dissatisfactory.

This was due to multiple reasons.

The first one being Mrs Anderson had visibly shifted back into her usual cross mood. She would sometimes leave the house just as I arrived for work, then return in the middle of the day to collect the children.

Sometimes she would  just wake up later in the morning, being mean to just me and tell me to do things that I had already done or would have been doing in that particular moment.

One thing however, was that she was actually trying to become a better mother.

She would occasionally make breakfast, even though she was a horrible cook, for the children and one time she even baked a decent strawberry pie.

She also tried to talk to her children more often and play with Lily along with her dolls.

However, despite her putting in such effort towards the children, they simply didn't want their mother's attention anymore.

George would start to cry every time Mrs Anderson tried to sit him on her hip and bounce him, which usually ended up with her giving up and handing him to me like he was a ticking bomb.

She refused to carry him on her back and said something about her not being from Africa and that it was done by monkeys only.

Lily, on the other hand, sometimes ignored her mother when she asked her questions.

This certainly frustrated Mrs Anderson to the point where she would give up completely and leave the house, or she would go and sit in her bedroom all day long.

It was sad to watch a mother being rejected by her children but I understood why it was happening.

She had never paid any attention to her children since they were born, and then she just wanted to start now? When they had already developed attachments elsewhere.

Mr Anderson was supportive of her, despite the rejection she faced from the children.

When she told him at the dinner table, about how horrible the children were to her, he didn't argue or contradict her, he would just tell her to keep trying and that they would eventually give in to her.

It was evident that both of them were indeed trying to fix things, and I don't know how exactly I felt about that.

I was aware that I was the one who decided to tell Mr Anderson off, but I was slowly beginning to regret it now.

Before we had that falling out with each other, Mr Anderson would try to make work bearable for me with him being nice and respectful with me.

He hadn't become mean and disrespectful at all.

We didn't talk anymore. He didn't greet me and I didn't greet him at all. The last time we had really spoken was when he came to my house and I shouted at him.

As much as I understood that I had to stop things between us, I couldn't help but miss him and wonder if I was rather overreacting when I told him to leave me alone.

I was in such a dark place when he came to visit me, but now that I had had all this time to myself, I felt better and I had accepted that Thomas' death wasn't my fault or James' fault.