11

Let the games begin......

Remember to pay attention

Enjoyyyyy

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Mrs Margaret came to drop off the the uniform that I was required to wear at the dinner during midday.

She also made sure not to leave before she was shown the dress that Mrs Anderson was wearing to the dinner.

The uniform, which would be worn by every maid, was a black skirt with pleats at the front and it ended just after the knees.

The white blouse had lace around the collar and at the ends of the short sleeve. It also came with white gloves, a white mobcap and a white apron that was tied at the waist, with lace at the edges.

The dinner was starting at seven pm and by six o'clock, I was already dressed and waiting in the kitchen.

Mr Anderson had returned home around the end of the day and had visibly calmed himself down, not that Mrs Anderson cared.

She strut into the kitchen, wearing a long blue dress that was tight at the top, before it flared downwards. It didn't have sleeves but covered her shoulders, leaving only her arms bare.

The dress was gorgeous and you could tell that it must've been very expensive because of the sequins that paraded all over the dress.

She was pulling blue gloves onto her hands as she stopped in front of me.

"Have you seen my husband by any chance", she asked me and I took note of the light makeup on her face and she had pulled her blonde hair into a high updo, showing her long neck.

She was certainly a beautiful woman.

"No, ma'am", I shook my head at her as I looked at the ground.

I hadn't seen Mr Anderson anywhere since he had returned home that afternoon.

Just as I finished telling Mrs Anderson that I had not seen him, he strode into the room swiftly.

Clad in a black tuxedo, with a white shirt and classic black tie, Mr Anderson looked absolutely dashing.

Especially with the way he had slicked his hair back with a comb and left it with a shiny glaze.

Forcing myself to stop staring at him, I looked to the side as I felt the fluttering sensation in my stomach intensify when his cologne flooded the room and my nostrils.

This man.....

I stared at the ground in conflict as neither of them complimented each other in any way.

Mrs Anderson quickly left the kitchen to go collect her coat and that left me standing uncomfortably with Mr Anderson.

Looking back at him, I stared at how the tuxedo he was wearing effectively accentuated his height, making him look taller and more lean.

"Is there anything you want to say to me, Tara?", he cleared his throat and asked me in a low deep voice, looking at me through his lashes.

Pursing my lips in embarrassment of being caught staring at him, I furiously shook my head.

"Uh.., no sir", I nervously said, looking at anywhere else in the room.

"Are you sure?", he asked me again, this time he took a step towards me, a small smile on his lips.

Breathing out through my mouth, I took a panicked step back from him.

"You look.... gentlemanly", I said, and it sounded more like a question than a compliment.