07

Just because I love you too much to leave you wondering lol

Enjoyyyy!!!

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Autumn finally ran it's course but it left us with a biting chill in winter.

As much as I was not a fan of the hot humid autumn air, I was not very keen about the freezing cold either.

And that's exactly what the weather was like during winter in Mayville.

It was cold Friday morning as I jumped off of the bus and started walking to the Anderson House, my legs numb from the cold.

It was hard and too cold to walk fast so I took my time as I walked towards the gate.

Mrs Anderson had asked me to come for work earlier today, just like she had done last week on Friday as well.

I breathed through my mouth, squinting my eyes as I watched Mr Anderson shuffle  his long legs to come open the gate for me.

"Good morning, sir", I greeted him breathily as I stepped inside and started to move my legs.

"How are you, today, Miss Tara?", he asked me in a warm tone but I was too cold to bother to be warm in return.

I had no idea why he kept engaging me in any sirt of conversation when I always responded in a timid way or ignored me all at once. He must've known that I wasn't allowed to talk to him.

"Cold, sir", I said to him just before I entered the house.

Mrs Anderson was in the kitchen having breakfast, which was a bowl of cereal.

As usual, I greeted her and she ignored me, only instructing me to do the washing and then go grocery shopping.

She was going out today with some women from the Ladies Club along with Mrs Margaret. They were planning a charity event to raise money for some children.

Ironic how she was interested in helping other people's children and yet she paid no mind to any of her own children.

All I did was nod in agreement and started preparing breakfast once she left the house.

After I had woken up George and Lily to have them eat breakfast, I noticed that Mr Anderson had not left the house yet.

Preparing a tray with breakfast for him, I carrried it over to his study, where I assumed he was and sure enough, he was sitting in his leather swivel chair, reading some paper in his hand.

Tapping the door lightly to announce my presence, he looked up at me through his glasses, his hair falling over his forehead in a tousled way.

"Oh, uh", he looked around the room before nodding at a spot on his desk.

"You can leave that over here, Miss Jones", he said and went back to reading his paper.

I wasn't sure why he was not at work this morning, or why he wasn't showing any signs of going to work at all but I wasn't sure if I should ask.

After setting the tray on the desk, I took a step back and asked him if there was anything else he needed me to do but he said no.

I decided to leave it at that and went to do the washing in the washroom.

Lily was playing with her dolls on the floor whilst George was squeezing his stuffed dinasaur toy.

When I was drying the clothes and cleaning up the foam on the walls, Mr Anderson stopped by to make useless chitchat with his children.