26: and... it ends, finally, lmao (but seriously this is some damn good plot ok)

Ray Toro was made to regret leaving that one window open, as in the dead of night, a silhouette, no more than a shadow, perhaps, pushed it open further and slid into the living room unnoticed.

The intruder wasn't exactly aware as to what time it was, but from the inky black sky outside, they were well aware of the fact that Ray would be asleep right now, and they were just as thankful of that fact as they were aware.

They left the window open behind them, even though they knew how unsafe it was from their own entry just a few seconds prior, because if things fucked up, they would need an easy way out, and the window would most certainly suffice.

Of course it wasn't their first choice, of course this in its entirety wasn't their first choice either, but it was the last thing they had left as their choices ran low, and they ran out of people they could trust at all; it was a cruel world and they'd learned that first hand.

But still, this had to be done, and a part of them yearned for the deed and the ecstatic aftermath, because deep down, this was something they knew was long time coming, and they reckoned Mr Toro himself knew that also.

But perhaps not who such a deed would be coming from, but they reckoned they'd be as good of a heart attack in the middle of the night as any, and on a man's deathbed, he most certainly couldn't carry that much preference as to how he went, especially when it was anything but up to him.

The intruder smirked to themself in the darkness, grabbing the gun from their back pocket and turning the safety off, and ensuring that it was loaded, because that really was a fucking ridiculous mistake that they didn't dare chancing; they'd much prefer to give it a little test, but they couldn't chance sparking Ray's attention before they were certain that they'd go through with this mess of misplaced justice and revenge.

With one deep breath, they made their way down the hallway, finding Ray's bedroom open just a crack; the man having fallen asleep with the night light still on and a book across his chest, and from the looks of it, and the whisky on the nightstand, he was fucking well out of it.

They kicked the door opened fully, wincing as it let out a high pitched whine, perhaps even in protest, but the man in the bed didn't stir at all, and the intruder began to wonder if he ever would; the thought amused them, sparking their interest as they stepped into the bedroom and aimed their gun at the sleeping man, still unaware and perhaps even peaceful.

He was sleeping; it'd be painless, and fuck, no, he didn't deserve it like that for what he'd done, and the intruder knew that through and through, and with irrationality and a strange urge for vengeance ruling over what little justice and common sense they still had in their head, they shot their 'test shot' at the wall above the man, making quick work of angling the gun back at Ray, as he came to some form of consciousness.

"Fuck- I... what-" He reached for the main light switch above his head, slamming it on, and the intruder smirked a little as Ray's eyes widened at them in the newfound artificial light. "What are you- I... put the gun down, please... I..."

"You took him, you hurt him: I don't care what you have to say, I really fucking don't, Toro." The intruder spat at the man, their lips curling up into a fully-fledged grin at the prospect of what was to come.

"Come on, now, please, I... see sense, please, he wanted, he wanted-"

"And you know what I want?" They continued, aiming the gun closer to Ray's body.

"I-"

"You dead." And the intruder finished their sentence with a gunshot and one hell of a smirk, as they turned the light off, and laid the book back over the man's chest, raising an eyebrow as they noticed that it was indeed none other than 'Fifty Shades of Grey', before putting the gun back in their pocket and making their way back out the very same window, but closing it behind them this time, because they were indeed very polite.