Chapter 17

"He is back!" "He is here again!" these words kept replaying in Haseena's head as her eyes witnessed her worst nightmare standing in front of her. Horrible memories rushed to her and she felt like throwing up. She was amused at the eventful occurrences in her life, she wanted to laugh, laugh loudly at herself! she knew that she would be trapped again and so she wanted to laugh at how weak she was! (author- if only she knew she is the strongest!)

Anubhav took a good look of the man who is his client, correction irresponsible client. The man had a weird grin on his otherwise good-looking face which somewhat irritated Anubhav, but he wasn't a man who would judge someone by his/her looks, he valued hard work and skills and he never wavered from his ideology.

"Good morning Mr. Singh, myself Amar Vidrohi, nice to meet you", Amar said forwarding his hands for a handshake, "Nice to meet you too, Mr. Vidrohi" said Anubhav while shaking their hands and gestured him to have a seat.

Anubhav was about to start speaking, when he noticed Haseena standing still like a statue, her face was red and she looked uncomfortable, Anubhav wrinkled his eyebrows and called out, "Miss Mallik!? aap theek hain?" Amar hadn't noticed Haseena till now, his eyes went wide seeing her but then a sly smirk formed on his face.

Haseena stirred hearing Anubhav's voice and replied trying to keep her voice as firm as possible, "Yes Sir, I am fine." Although he wasn't quiet convinced, Anubhav thought to ask her later in private. He introduced her to Amar, "Mr. Vidrohi, meet her, Haseena Mallik, my secretary" "Nice to meet you Miss. Mallik", Amar said forwarding his hand, Haseena hesitantly touched his hand a little and withdrew back immediately whispering a same to you. Amar smirked at her reaction but immediately hid it when he heard Anubhav asking Haseena to start the presentation.

Haseena's presentation was awesome, but all throughout the meeting her legs kept shaking and she refused to look at Amar, all thanks to her high dose medicines that she could remain straight. Amar was amazed at the drastic change in Haseena over the years. She had this unwavering confidence, she stood straight and her eyes blazed with a zeal of doing something, but he knew she was still the meek, weak and obedient little kitten who will bend down anytime she is forced to, but little did he know that this wasn't the case anymore.

Haseena understood that the effect of the medicines was wearing out as the feeling of extreme panic filled her on seeing Amar talking to Anubhav, her knees felt weak and she started sweating heavily.

Anubhav who was discussing about the deal with Amar, felt something wrong and looked at Haseena, who suddenly came rushing to him and excused herself to the washroom. He was sure something was not right and decided to confront Haseena soon after the meeting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haseena stared into the eyes of the girl in the mirror, they were red, sweat droplets trickled down her temple, her lips were pressed together, teeth gritted out of anger or fear? she did not know. Did she want to become the girl whom she was seeing in the mirror? were Haseena's current thoughts. She dreamt of becoming a strong woman, who will be independent, who will know to take a stand for herself, who will protest against every wrong!

Yes she was financially independent, and her life was going pretty well too, but this was the situation when she didn't have to fight anyone! three years back also she was financially independent, but she surrendered to every problem and situation that came her way and did nothing. Today when she is again face to face with another challenge which life has thrown at her, she is doing nothing except chugging down pills and crying in the washroom!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Congratulations, Amar Sir, finally aapko Haseena ma'am ka pata chal gaya", Diwan ji said with a sickly-sweet smile, Amar who was rotating a Rubik's cube in his hand, stood up and went towards Haseena's portrait which was hanging on his wall. He traced Haseena's face in the painting with his index finger, "Ab jab pata chal gaya hai Diwan ji, bohot jaldi apni jaan ko main wapas apna banalunga!." he said and started laughing like a maniac. He stopped laughing abruptly and kissed on Haseena's lips in the portrait saying, "Khayalon mein ho tum khwabon mein tum hi ho yeh poora kaynaat jaanta hai tum sirf meri ho!"

The car ride back to office was a silent one, Haseena was sitting stiffly looking at the road ahead of her and she had put on her sunglasses. Anubhav kept on stealing glances of her, he couldn't decipher Haseena's behaviour and was really surprised on seeing her with her glares on as it wasn't much sunny outside.

As soon as they reached, Anubhav summoned Haseena to his cabin in half an hour. She was not in a state to face anyone right now but she had to go as this was her job.

Haseena thought to drink some water and sitting under the AC before going, but she collided with Karishma on her way. Karishma looked at Haseena and sensed something wrong when she saw her flinching at a mere touch, she asked her to remove her goggles, Haseena refused but Karishma was faster, she snatched them and was shocked to see her red puffy eyes.

They both went to Haseena's cabin and Karishma locked the door. "Kya hua tumhe Hiya, tum ro rahi thi!? ka hua hai, kisine kuch kaha kya? maiyya kasam hum use- "Woh wapas aagaya hai Kiya" Haseena let out a soft whisper.

Karishma's eyes went wide at the revelation, the man who was the cause of her beloved bestie's sleepless nights, was back! that bastard made her cry again, but she wasn't there, this time too she wasn't present there to support her Hiya, what kind of a friend she would be if Haseena would have to face everything all alone again!

Haseena noticed her Kiya drowning in self-guilt, she immediately held her hand and made her sit down, "Tumhari galati nahi hai Kiya, humaari kismat hi aisi hai, tum please aise udaas mat ho, hum jaante hain tum humse kitna pyaar karti ho" Karishma knelt down near Haseena and said, "Kismat ko hum toh hum badal nahi sakte, par uss insaan ko humne pataal ke darshan nahi karwaaye na, toh humaara naam bhi Karishma Singh nahi!" Haseena chuckled with tears listening to her hot-headed best friend's threat, she immediately pulled her into a hug. A hug from your soul-sister is enough to calm your mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haseena was nervous to meet Anubhav, she felt she might have done something wrong in the meeting. Although she did not want their company to work with Amar, she reminded herself that she shouldn't mix her personal and professional life.

She asked for permission to enter and received a yes in return. Anubhav looked up from the file he was reading and found Haseena fidgeting with her fingers, but then he noticed her eyes which told him that she had cried. She had tried to hide the puffiness with make-up but Anubhav can't be fooled easily.

Anubhav felt anger surge through his nerves at the thought of someone making his Haseena cry. He walked towards her with hands in his pockets to ask her the reason of her tears.

Haseena failed to understand what Anubhav was up to, his face was cold and expressionless as always and gave away no emotion, but she could feel that he wasn't very happy and unknowingly took a step back. Before she could say anything, she heard Anubhav ask in his deep manly husky voice, "Who made you cry Haseena?"

Here goes the 17th chapter of the story. Please feel free to point out my mistakes and comment your views on the chapter. Healthy criticism is dearly accepted. Please watch Maddam Sir from Monday to Saturday at 10 p.m. on Sony SAB only on TELEVISION.