The Slug Princess

Fire Country: Tanzaku Town

"...This is new," Jiraiya said finally as he looked towards the destroyed palace.

"You don't say," Yugito voice was dripping with sarcasm.

Jiraiya ignored her however and saw that there were people were running away from the destroyed in every direct. "Hey!" he called out towards one of them that ran passed. "What happened here?" he asked.

The man looked to be panicking but managed to calm himself long enough to reply, "You should all get out of here too. There are monsters up there!"

"Monsters?" Naruto asked.

The man nodded, "a giant snake just destroyed the palace in an instant".

"A giant snake..." Naruto trailed off as his eyes flashed grey for a second.

"How big was this snake?" Yugito asked curious.

"Huge," the man answered before he started running again.

"The Hebi-Teme is here," Naruto growled out.

Jiraiya nodded, "it would appear so. I shouldn't be surprised; after all Sarutobi-sensei did a number on him; of course he would come to the only medic in the Elemental Countries who could actually heal him".

"I'm going to kill him," Naruto said simply.

"Not as you are now; he's up there with Itachi and I. Even with the Rinnegan there's no way you can take him on," Jiraiya responded.

"Not normally...but you did say he's weakened right now," Naruto pointed out.

Jiraiya nodded at that and turned away, "that maybe true but...if anyone will fight him here it's going to be me".

"Hey you two," Yugito said getting their attention. Her hands were in a seal as she spoke, "I can sense two chakra signatures above civilian level just north of here. I think the larger of the two is Tsunade-sama".

"You're a sensory type?" Jiraiya asked intrigued and she nodded.

"A what?" Naruto asked.

"A sensory type is someone who can locate and recognize other people's chakra signatures," Jiraiya explained and started walking. "Come on; let's go meet Tsunade".

"It looks like we missed the party," Jiraiya commented as the three jumped down into the destroyed street near the demolished building. The wall nearby was cracked and looked like it would collapse at any moment.

"Did the Hebi-Teme do this?" Naruto asked as he looked at the cracks along the wall.

Jiraiya shook his head, "I don't believe so. I think this is the work of Tsunade; she...probably lost her temper again".

Yugito looked around and shook her head, "I can't track them. There's too much chakra in the area now; not sure what from though".

"..." Jiraiya remained silent as he surveyed the area.

"Well let's go look for them; I mean they have to be around here somewhere right?" Naruto suggested as he looked over his shoulder at them.

"They're still in town but...I can't pinpoint their exact location," Yugito told the two.

Jiraiya nodded at that, "alright let's ask around; maybe someone has seen her".

Night settled across the land as the moon's gaze illuminated the sky. It's deceiving rays bore down on the town as silence began to reign with only the bars open at this time. In one of those establishments were two kunoichi; one looked to be in her mid-twenties and was dressed in black. She appeared to be holding a...pig; no one in the bar seemed to mind though.