Awakening

Fire Country: Valley of the Dawn

People say that things always come in threes; bad things and good things no matter what they are always supposed to come in threes. The monstrous Mangekyo Sharingan for example had three sets of layers no matter which design you saw. Hell the Legendary Sannin was another example of this; they were all a team back when they were Genin under the Sandaime Hokage and they became some of the strongest fighters in the world.

Sadly no one wanted to inform Uzumaki Naruto of this little detail…

His current teacher was one of the Legendary Sannin; a man named Jiraiya and the two had come across each other during the one month break in the Chunin Exams. Since Jiraiya had knocked out the boy's original teacher for the exam he had to take the kid as his student and taught him the Kuchiyose no Jutsu. Sadly the boy's chakra network was so large it was nearly impossible to control; this was just made worse by the fact that Jiraiya discovered a suppression seal on him courtesy of his fellow Sannin Orochimaru.

It was removed however and Naruto's chakra control shot up to its normal level allowing him to master the water walking exercise. After many trials and errors at the Kuchiyose no Jutsu Jiraiya had enough and decided to have the boy try and draw out the monstrous chakra that was sealed in him by his own father.

'Forgive me Minato,' Jiraiya thought before he dropped her new student on the ground.

"W-where am I?" Naruto blinked and turned to him.

"Get up," Jiraiya ordered and Naruto shakily stood.

"W-what is it?" Naruto asked unsure.

"Your training ends here; if you value your life, you've got to figure things out for yourself," Jiraiya said simply.

"Huh?" Naruto asked confused before Jiraiya pushed him. The blond Genin reeled back and fell...straight into the large valley below, "oh crap!"

'Now...we'll find out whether the Kyuubi is pleasing or a curse,' Jiraiya mused as he saw his student fall.

Naruto tried to use chakra but every time he touched the wall he couldn't get any grip and kept on falling. 'If I can't grab onto something then I'll die; I'm really going to die...'

Naruto's Mindscape: Jinchuuriki Seal

Drip...

Drip...

Drip...

"Oh my aching head," Naruto groaned as he looked up. 'Where am I?' he thought as he looked around the sewer-like environment he found himself in.

A loud roar was heard as it echoed through the corridor...

'This feeling...it's that chakra,' Naruto narrowed his eyes as he made his way through the corridor and entered a large room. 'What the heck is this?' he asked in thought when he came across the large gate-like prison.

"Boy...come closer," a sinister voice said from the darkness beyond the gate.

"What the-" Naruto jumped back as four large claws attempted to catch him through the bars.

"I want to devour you but this gate...this seal prevents me from doing so...it won't open, how irritating," the voice growled out in frustration.

"Y-you are...Kyuubi no Yoko," Naruto breathed out.

"Child of my enemy, why have you come? Even those eyes of yours will not save you from me so tell me what you want or leave boy," the giant fox roared in fury.

Naruto gulped before he smirked up at the fox, "hey furball! I've been letting you live in my body all this time and you owe me rent! As payment I'll take you chakra."