The Red Dawn

Fire Country: Shukuba Town

It had been two weeks since they had left Konoha and they had made a stop at a town ten kilometres from Konoha. Currently Jiraiya was off somewhere in the town contacting his spy network though Naruto and Yugito just thought he was off peeping again. Speaking of our two favourite blonds; they both were currently in the hotel room they had booked and discussing the Oto/Suna assault on Konoha two weeks ago among other things...

"Wait you saw me beat Gaara?" Naruto asked the Kumo nin from his position on the bed.

Yugito nodded, "yeah I saw it. You were reckless and downright stupid for summoning Gamabunta of all things to fight in a Chunin Exam stadium. You're just lucky no one was hurt by your attacks...or his".

"Don't I know it," Naruto muttered darkly.

Yugito just stared at him for a few seconds before turning away, "though...you did look kinda cool out there".

"Really?" Naruto looked up surprised.

Yugito just snorted at his tone, "Don't let it go to your head idiot".

"What about you?" Naruto asked and laughed nervously. "I mean Ero-Sennin said you were like me and Gaara;" he continued.

"There's not much to say really; I'm an only child. My parents are long dead and my grandfather and grand-uncle have raised me since I was six," Yugito answered.

"No I meant about the whole Jin-Jin-Jin-I can't remember what it is again," Naruto groaned in annoyance unable to find the right word.

"Jinchuuriki," Yugito corrected him.

"Yeah that; I mean from what I saw of Gaara. He was brought up to be a weapon for his village; I was used to stop a demon from destroying my home. What about you?" Naruto asked curious.

Yugito laughed bitterly for a moment, "me? My parents had a lot of enemies so my father decided to give me a weapon of sorts to defend myself. He knew I wouldn't survive long since I was their daughter so he sacrificed himself to give me the power needed to fight on".

Naruto smiled sadly at that, "he must have cared for you a lot then".

"But I never even got the chance to meet him," Yugito muttered.

"Hey," he said getting her attention. "At least you know why you were chosen and you know your parents loved you. That's what matters," Naruto told her.

Yugito was about to respond when...

Knock Knock

...There was a knock on the door.

"Ero-Sennin can't have been rejected already," Naruto grumbled standing up. He stopped suddenly however and stared at the door, 'Rinnegan'.

"Is something wrong idiot?" Yugito asked in annoyance.

Naruto took a step back, "either my Rinnegan is acting funny or something's wrong here".

"What do mean?" Yugito asked seeing that he had his eyes activated.

"According to my eyes Sasuke is on the other side of the door," Naruto told her as he saw the two chakra networks.

"You're team-mate? Here? Why?" Yugito asked confused.

"That's the problem; from what I'm seeing this guyis a lot bigger than the Sasuke I know. Whoever's on the other side of that door is not Sasuke," Naruto responded.

Knock Knock

"Well whoever it is I don't think they're leaving any time soon," Yugito said as she slowly approached the door and drew a kunai. She opened the door slowly and took a step back at who she found standing there, 'oh no'.