Just as Damon said, there is a connection to the tunnels. The entrance was at the back of the storage closet. It takes until mid-afternoon to find it though since the door is sealed behind the back wall. After Darlington nearly went into the laundry room to look for one, Marcellus tapped on the walls in the closet until he found a spot that sounded just hollow enough. With his screwdriver armed in Ro's hands and a knife from the kitchen in his, they dig through the plaster.

"You think I'm going to get fired for this?" Marcellus grunts, ripping at the plaster back and back.

Ro rolls her eyes, stabbing into the wall. Dust is gathering around. It would be faster if they had proper masks to protect them from the dust in the air. Messing with the plaster might not be good for their lungs.

"If you are, I'm quitting in solidarity," Ro points out. "Honestly, don't think even Darlington would stay if they kicked you out for this."

"Yeah, because Darlington is the moral standard," Marcellus stabs at the wall again. His arms feel tired. He hadn't expected it to be exhausting the way it is.

Pain doesn't care if you expect it.

While they dig, others were wandering around preparing for their descent. Most grabbed out their rainboots, wrapping their feet in double layers of socks to keep them warm. Benedict, Callie, and Tempest took up a spot in the study room, pouring over a physical campus map from the late 1990s. Their building isn't even on it, but Callie is very good at visualizing space and Benedict walks the campus more frequently than anyone else.

Tempest is their notetaker, marking down spots on the page.

"The tunnel might go here, but that's where that huge tree is," Benedict taps the sheet. "How dilapidated are we expecting the tunnels to be?"

"Not sure," Tempest says. "They're supposed to have been retired since the eighties, but obviously they aren't entirely if we are connected."

"Maybe the college wanted to be able to revamp them, if necessary," Callie shrugged.

"People should be ready," Tempest says. "Waterproof, rubber-soled shoes, scarves in case there is mould growing."

Benedict nods, "it's probably going to be even colder underground."

While they discuss, Galilee and Moonie prepare supplies in the office. They have two walkies, which means that they can have two teams going underground. She has used four left-over bags from their orientation week kit and packed them. She's got three filled reusable water bottles since having enough for everyone would be too much. Also, she's got some paint, the cheap stuff in the storage unit that is used by the facilities unit whenever a student punches a hole in their ugly off-green wall. That way, people can mark their paths in the tunnels if they feel so inclined. There are only six emergency flashlights in the office, so each bag has three. With some snacks inside as well, and a roll of toilet paper in case she thinks anyone has an emergency.

Moonie is packing them all, so focused that they don't notice Galilee sneak away from the table. She snatches a marker and rights her F alone, in quiet. She counts them all. Excluding Jerry, who began the whole thing, they're only missing one. She slides back to the table.

"I think this should be okay," Galilee smiles.

They nod back, "I don't know what else we would back. Anything heavier would probably slow us down."

Then, sitting in the lounge, Maverick, Elodie, and Jerry have been tasked with logistical planning, and all of them agree that they are the worst group to be given this task. Maverick and Elodie still haven't spoken in a few days, and Maverick feels a deep gnawing in his chest when he sees her. He knows he was cruel, and maybe the worst part of it is that he doubts Elodie has spent any time thinking about it. Since making up with Moonie though, he has thought. Maverick would never consider himself someone who gets caught up in his own head. However, there is no way that Elodie even cares. Maybe she doesn't even remember. That's who she is.