The Kings Bride~ Through The Pond

Nimes, France. May 2013

Have you ever wondered about yourself? I'm not talking about if you would be better looking as a blond. Have you ever wondered about where you are in life? Or what your meant to do?

I roll over in my bed and stare at the painting thats hanging on my mustard yellow wall. Do you ever think you're meant to be some place else? I wonder everything.

I wonder how you can have seedless oranges. I wonder why some people pronounce toe-mate-o as ta-mate-o. I wonder why people speak different languages, why not everyone just talk one language?

My feet hit the hard tile as I flop out of bed. I hear the family talking in the kitchen. dad just got back from a wine tasting trip. As I walk down the hall, towards the living area, I let my mind wounder.

Why do people smoke when they know it's bad for them? What does a lemon taste like, by its self? Why do I care?

"Good morning, Adalene." My dad yawns as I slip onto one of the stools in our kitchen.

"Morning." I murmur and rest my chin in my hand. James pours a glass of milk and smirks at me.

"Wondering again?"

"Why do people dream?" I ask as he slides a waffle towards me.

"Curiosity killed the cat." He laughs and plops down on the couch, flicking on the T.V. Good thing I'm not a cat, I want to snap, but know it's best if I don't. My parents are still on edge about... the accident. They think I'm going to snap and if I do... let's just say I'm not going back to the therapist.

Sean's face makes his way into my head and I cringe. His slender build, gold hair, blue eyes and his famous smirk. My bottom lip trembles when I remember. How his arm would rest perfectly rest on my shoulders, like it was made to be there.

Everyone warned me, but I was blind sighted. Blind sided but what I was told was love.

"So, I'm going out today. June's been telling me that some people are running into the black forest, they think its some sort of time traveling magic thing." Mom rolls her eyes and pours her black coffee into a travel mug. Shes a cop, and doesn't believe in magic if I may add.

"I heard that," James sits up, "Janis was telling me that some people thinks it brings you into the past or whatever."

I smile, "Can I go with you, mama?" I put on my best puppy do face and jump up. "Please?"

Her and dad exchange a look, "Fine, but get dressed quick." I yelp and run into my room, throwing on a white camisole, a blue cardigan and black pants. After tossing my hair into a braid, I run to the car.

"Have a good day," dad kisses moms forehead and waves to me. I wave back from the passenger seat and tap my foot.

I'm not going to try anything. But history always catches my attention. I just, don't feel like I belong. Like I'm trapped in the wrong time era and am meant to be with cobble stone streets and castles. Like, 1435. I would love to live back there.

"Off we go." Mom says as we pull out of the dive way.

I hate cars. So loud and unnecessary. I bet in 1435 they didn't have cars. I wonder...

"Okay honey, I'm glad we have this time to talk-"

"I don't want to talk about it." I mutter and look out the window. I hear her sigh. Let her be disappointed. Its not my problem how she feels. I have enough of my own problem.

The green trees blur past us as mom speeds down the smooth road.

We pull into the gravel parking lot and run up to the big crowd. Police have the forest bordered off, keeping everyone out. I see June pulling two boys out with hand cuffs on their arms. I need to get in there, I just need to. I wonder how.

"No funny business, Adalene." She scolds and runs towards the rest of the squad.

Ya right.

As soon as the coast is clear (I wonder where that saying came from?) I take off towards the forest. The wet mulch slips under my feet, but I stay upright. My mind is fuzzy from the blaring sun. I've always had a problem with this thin ozone layer. I bet in 1435 the atmosphere was better.

The trees appear to my left and right as I slow down, coming towards a giant pound. I see a couple of teenagers sitting around it, looking with disbelief. "He was right there."

They look about fifteen, two years younger then me. One looks up, "Hey you, wait- do I know you from somewhere?"

My eyes widen when I realize who's beside him.

"Adalene?" he stands up, his eyes locking with mine. This can't be happening. No.

My heel skims the surface of the pound and one girl jumps, "She's gonna go through!"

The police appear through the forest and I see my mom. Her eyes widen when she sees who I'm with, "Stay away from her!" she snaps at him.

"Adalene, please." he takes another step closer. "You don't understand."

"No." I whisper and feel myself trip into the water.

I didn't expect anything. Maybe getting soaked or hitting my head into the mud, but I was wrong. My head slams into a rock and everything goes black. The last thing I see is Seans eyes widen as I sink.

London, England. August 1443

Andres POV

I rub my eyes as one of the servants knocks on the door, "Your father would like to speak to you, Prince Andre." some girls squeaky voice says. I know shes gone, so I don't say anything back.

I yawn and burry my face into the pillow. I know what he'll say. Something about how I need to pick a wife and become king. But that's okay. Tonight I will meet plenty of ladies at the ball.

Princess from everywhere have come to meet me, so I will find someone. I just hope I do, I am tried of being scolded for not having a fiancee. But there all the same, snobby and ugly. Trying to act royal when they just role small towns. But still-

I wonder who it will be?

Thank you to those 7 lovely people who commented on my book. That was so nice of you and it really made my day. Please tell me which cover you like more, the one I'm using or the one on the side. thank you ever so much,

Comment (If you're ever so nice)

Vote (Because I know you're nice)

Share (Sharing is caring)

-April

xoxo