Chapter 19

Chapter 19
(Unedited)

Nigeria, Kaduna State.
4th August, 2019

The muezzin calling the adhaan for fajr woke Zulekha up, she stretched out, pressing her hands together, she stayed quiet in bed for two minutes with her eyes still closed.

An hour later, she closed the holy book. She stood up for few minutes to let the blood circulate to her lower limbs. Folding the tawny colored hijab, she decided to make breakfast.

Surprisingly, she met her brothers in the kitchen. Ya Ahmad and Ya Faruq were sitting on the kitchen island engrossed in whatever they were doing with their phones. Ya Umar's brows were slightly furrowed as his eyes scanned through the freezer.

"Let's just make the pancakes." Ya Ahmad let out a silent hiss.

"No, crepes. Here's the procedure." Ya Faruq said turning his phone to show them.

"Crepes? No please." Ya Ahmad declined, they argued for over a minute.

"Don't forget, I'm the chef over here." Ya Umar said, irked.

Ya Faruq gave him a poker face, Ya Umar scoffed at him but his angry face was swiftly replaced with a wide smile.

"Oh twin bro, You want crepes and you're getting it." Ya Umar said with sheer delight. So unlike him.

Ya Ahmad rolled his eyes. "Crepes it is then."

"Good Morning Ya Ahmad." Zulekha said perching her bum on the kitchen stool.

Ya Ahmad chuckled, scrunching up his nose, he ruffled her head. Always unserious.

Zulekha shook off her head, "Good morning Ya Umar."

"What is so good about the morning?" He picked up the flour, "sieve this."

Zulekha scoffed and mentally rolled her eyes, turning to Ya Faruq. He had a smile on his face. "Good morning to my Fav brother."

Ya Umar let out a hiss and Ya Ahmad shrugged off his shoulders. "Morning Beautyyy," he replied in a jocular mood.

She sieved the flour and Ya Faruq unexpectedly threw it all over Ya Umar.

"Fire on the mountain." Ya Ahmad sang playfully. This guy will never be serious.

"Run, run." Ya Faruq sang along. They sung together and Ya Umar smiled tucking his hands into his sweatpants pocket. Surprising.

"You know what Faruq? I'm not going to fight you again." He picked up the flour again. "At least, i am older."

"You're not older, i am." Ya Faruq argued.

"Such an eristic person." Ya Umar said still smiling. "We're twins and I am Hassan. So basically i am older."

Ya Faruq threw his head back and laughed. "But i act like the oldest."

"You plan and I don't plan. You do everything accordingly and I do my things scatterly. You think twice before doing things and I do anything that just comes my way. You follow your mindsets and I follow my heart desires. I know i am a bit selfish but atleast I don't care about worldly things,I only care about what makes me happy" Ya Umar said, sieving the flour himself now.

Ya Ahmad guffawed and dropped from the kitchen island. "You also poke your nose into people's businesses, you're also Mama's tail and you always look serious." He tapped his shoulders "be like me for once, act unserious."

Zulekha and Ya Faruq sniggered looking at Ya Umar's facial expression. He still had a smile curved around his lips.

Ya Umar pinched the bridge of his nose. "I can never be you, Amadu. You are so silly." And the four siblings bursted out laughing.