* 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞*

𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍, 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓.

--*--*

𝑨𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒆•

Valentina and I arrived at the mall about an hour and a half ago; she had already purchased several items, so we are now walking around chatting; I haven't purchased anything because nothing has caught my attention, but as we pass Victoria's Secret. Valentina glances at me pauses, then smirks as she grabs my arm and drags us both into the store.

When I turn behind us, I see a taller man grin before leaning into the man next to him, whose head snaps towards us. Valentina was too preoccupied gazing around the shop, so as they approached, I cursed and walked over to Valentina, whispering into her ear.

"Val, we need to go" she turned to me frowning.

"Look over my shoulder, Don't make it obvious" She scoffs as she looks over my shoulder, and then down at me. Her eyes were concerned as she whispered.

"I'll ring Ace" I nodded.

"Come on, Frenchie we only want to talk" His Russian accent rolling off his tongue my heart is racing.

fuck.

I curse realizing Ares still has my blades Valentina passes me one of her blades my gaze drawn to hers, she pulls out her phone before dialing Ace's number, as we rush out the door, dashing through the room, looking for another exit, my phone begins to ring, and I pick it up.

"Ace and I are on our way, how close are they to you"

"We slipped out the staff door when they entered the store so I'm hoping they're still in there"

"We are nearly there" He replies his tone bland, the door opens showing both men.

I hang up the phone, spinning the blade across my fingertips and turning to Valentina. She smiles up at me before raising her dress and revealing her thigh holster; she collects her knives and stands up; we exchange glances before approaching these men; they look at one another before speaking up.

"There is no need to fight, we just need Frenchie there" The taller one spoke grinning as I walked closer to us both Valentina looked at me before shrugging her shoulders

"Come get her then?" We both send a smirk to one another.

I held the blade tighter as they walked closer to us the tallest one swung at me causing me to duck to avoid the punch as I stabbed him in his abdomen he hissed

"You fucking bitch"

He punched me in the stomach, causing me to suck in a breath as he struck me across the face, causing me to fall to the ground he kicks my ribs, and the pain ripples across my chest I quickly kick him, causing him to stumble backward. As he goes to grab me again, I quickly take my knife from the ground. I lift my leg over his shoulder, forcing his head between my thighs, and slash his throat as he collapses to the ground, blood splattering from his cut. I looked toward Valentina she looked up at me as the man she was fighting collapsed a knife sticking out of his chest.

"Fuck Val" I laugh but quickly stop as pain rushes through me causing me to wince

"Are you ok?"She asked, anxious I carefully drew up my dress, revealing a deep bruise forming over my stomach. I hiss as my fingertips softly brushed across it. My head turned behind me as the door crashed open. Ace and Ares burst in the door, forcing me to hurriedly pull my dress back down. Ares came up behind me, holding me and forcing me to face him, his eyes scanning my body for any damage.

"I'm fine" I pulled my arm from his grasp looking towards Valentina, she and Ace were hugging and whispering to each other I couldn't help but feel jealous, I let out a sigh but it came out shaker than expected.

"Adrienne" He brought his fingers underneath my chin moving my gaze off Valentina and onto him I rested my arm across my stomach

"What" I scoff

"Are you alright?" he questioned

"I'm fine" I turn away from his hand, pick up the knife off the ground, and walk up to the dead body, wiping the blood onto the suit before passing it back to Val and stepping out the door. Valentina was quick to follow me. Ace was close behind her. As we walked towards the car, I took out my phone and decided to text my mother. Ares was driving, with Ace and Valentina in the back, leaving the only empty seat in the front, and with Ares muttering, I slid in, looking out the window as my phone started to ring Ares looked towards me ignoring his gaze I picked up the phone.

"Adrienne, tu vas bien chérie" my mother's worried voice came from the other side of the phone

-Adrienne are you ok darling-

"Oui, je vais bein mama, just quelques eechumoses, c'est tout" I replied back to my mother

-Yes, I'm fine mama just a few bruises that's all-

"That is good my darling, I was just making sure you were ok!"

"yes mama, I'm fine I'll call you later?" I asked, my mother agreed before ending the call

"Your mother sounds lovely" Valentina smiled at me

"She is" I smiled back before looking out the window as we pulled into the drive I could not wait to have a shower.

"Adrienne I would like you in my office once you are changed" 

--*--*

This chapter wasn't my best!!, but still hope you enjoyed it!

Again hope the French was alright!

Edited 11th of Feb 2024 (This chapter still is shit, but its fine)