* 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 *

"𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐚" -𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐲𝐧 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐨𝐞

--*--*

𝑨𝒓𝒆𝒔•

Adrienne was softly snoring as her head was cuddled into my chest as I walked up the stairs to my room, pushing open the door with my foot and placing her on the bed as I undid her heels and stepped towards the dressers, pulling out one of my shirts, and pulling her under the duvet before turning off the light. She let out a mumble, making me stop looking back at her as she cuddled herself into my pillow. I strolled down to my office as Ace stepped in I took a seat in front of him before he spoke up.

"We need to talk."

--*--*

𝑨𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒆•

As I looked around my surroundings I slipped out the door headed down the hallway looked up at one of the guards standing in the hallway

"Excuse me, where is the kitchen?" I asked as he looked down at me a confused look plastered on his face

"No need Santo, I'll take her myself" A familiar voice spoke up from behind me causing me to roll my eyes.  Ares stood behind me his eyes met mine, he was wearing a black suit and some matching slacks his dark hair had been slicked back giving off a clean look.

"Your hair looks better not slicked," I mutter as we walk down the hallway.

"Good to know didn't know you paid so much attention to me," he smirked.

"I don't," I rolled my eyes.

As we walked into the kitchen I saw Valentina already in there talking to Ace as she cooked, looking up at the sound of our footsteps smiling.

"Adrienne, we should go shopping later on!" she insisted.

"Oh yeah, that sounds like fun?" I replied giving her an awkward smile.

"Where is my phone" I looked back at Ares.

"It's in the bedroom you can get it later" He responded, looking at his phone.

"I'll get you some clothes after I finish cooking" Valentina looked up at me smiling, I nodded before resting my head on my hands watching as she continued baking, before placing her muffins into the oven she dusted her hands on her apron she looked at me.

"Come on" she grabbed my arm taking me up to her room, as she was searching her closet I let my eyes scan around her room while thinking about the past 24 hours, she pulled me out of my thoughts handing me a dress the white fabric had one slit going up the leg and had some small sleeves and did not show any cleavage.

(A photo reference of the dress is at the top of the chapter!)

She walked me to the bathroom connected to her room "Take a shower if you want, there is shampoo & conditioner" she smiled before ushering me into the room.

I gently placed the dress on the counter before facing the shower and glancing in the mirror; my hair was unkempt, and my make-up appeared as if someone had tried to wipe it off.

After quickly taking a shower and washing my hair, I glanced around for hair ties before slicking my hair up into a bun. I looked in the mirror and saw that the leg slit displayed one of my tattoo's numerous flowers heading up to another tattoo on my back. I exited by unlocking the door. Valentina was standing there admiring her jewelry; she must have heard me approach her because she turned around.

"You look stunning!" she grinned at me.

"You do too, of course!" I returned the compliment.

Her clothing was a modest black dress that fit her wonderfully, and her hair was draped freely behind her shoulder. She handed me my heels from the night before, and as I slipped them on, the bedroom door opened, revealing Ares and Ace, their gazes sweeping over Valentina and me. Ares smirked at me as Ace moved over to Valentina and kissed her before murmuring.

"You look beautiful Amore" She blushed at his comment.

"Where are my belongings from last night" I straightened my back, glancing up at Ares.

"Follow me" He spoke, I followed Ares down the hallway and into a room where my dress sat neatly folded, I walked over to it looking around for my blades.

"If you're looking for this, you're outta luck" I turned around to Are,s as he stood behind me twirling one of my knives between his fingers I frowned.

"Give it" I growled the corner of his lips turned up.

(Our bestie growls like a dog 😍)

"Enfoiré, donne-moi le putain de couteau" I curse at him in French which makes him grin

-you motherfucker give me the goddamn knife-

I hear Valentina yell from down the hallway to hurry up I glare at him as I walk out opening my messages I scoff at my father's message. Before continuing to walk down the hallway, Valentina is waiting at the bottom of the stairs she smiles and kisses Ace before taking my arm Ares stops us both.

"If anything happens call me do you understand" I roll my eyes and nod.

Let's go shopping what honestly could go wrong?

--*--*

I'm very sorry if the French is incorrect I am using an app so I do apologize if it is wrong!

-questions-

Do we like Ares + Adrienne's relationship right now?

What do you prefer slow burn or fast burn??

(Please let me know!!)

Edited 11th of Feb 2024