Venom

-Riley

I was supposed to hangout with Danny tonight (as friends of course), but he was with Jackson and I don't think he could leave Captain Dickhead alone. So I was laying down on my bed with Eli laying his head on my stomach while watching tv. I have no clue what time it was when I fell asleep, but I'm sure Eli was mad at me for going to sleep on him.

The next day, Stiles came bursting through our door with news. "Jackson changed his story." He said.

Apparently, Jackson said he didn't see Isaac and his dad arguing before his dad was killed.

Which meant Isaac was going back to Beacon Hills.

Yay. (not really)

"Okay I only found one thing online about a Kanima. It's a werejaguar from South America that hunts murderers." Stiles said. "I've read about those in my Spanish class." Eli said. "That thing was not a jaguar." Scott said. ""Yeah and I'm not exactly a murderer." Stiles said. I felt his arms wrap around my shoulder. "Hey guys." Cole said. "Fill me in." He said. "Kanima attack last night. Trying to figure it out." I said softly. "It saw you kill someone, which is probably why it tried to kill you." Scott said. "And it's still trying to kill you and probably won't stop until you're dead." Scott continued. "Sometimes I begin to question our friendship Scott." Stiles said.

We were in our next class when Jackson said something to us. "Hey, what the hell is a Kanima?" He asked. We all looked at him. "Alright, listen up." Coach began. "Quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall might want to start their own study groups." He said, putting Scott on the spot about his grade. "Because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult, I'm not too sure I could pass it." He laughed. "Okay, I need a volunteer to answer the first question on the board." He said. Hands started flying up in the air. He called on someone and Jackson began what he started saying. "Paralyzed, from the next down. Do you have any idea how that feels?" He asked. "I'm familiar with the sensation." Stiles said. "Wait, why would they test you? Why would they think it's you?" Scott asked. "How should I know?" Jackson said. "Do they think it's Lydia?" Stiles asked. "I don't know. All I heard was her name and something about chemistry." Jackson said. "Jackson!" Coach yelled. "Do you have something you'd like to share with the rest of the class?" He asked. "Just an undying admiration for my coach." Jackson said. What a kissass. "That's really kind of you." Coach said. "Now shut up!" Coach yelled. I swear by the end of the year I'm going to need hearing aids. Scott pulled Stiles closer to him. "How do we know it's not her?" Scott asked. "Because when I looked into the eyes of that thing I saw pure evil." Stiles said. I looked over to see Lydia crying. I started walking to her when she screamed No and stood up. I stopped. She finally came back from wherever she was.

I took a picture of what she wrote on the board. It looked to be written backwards. When I saw the picture, it sent chills through my body. 'Someone help me.'

"Derek's not going to kill her without proof." Scott said. "So they test her like they did Jackson? But when and where?" Stiles asked. Just then, Isaac and Erica walked into Chemistry. "Here and now." Scott said. I was called to the office before the experiment in Mr. Harris's class started. I was now scared. 

Scott, Stiles, Allison, Sam and I left class and went to Coach Finstock's office. "Derek's waiting for Lydia outside." Stiles said. "To kill her?" Allison asked. "If he thinks she's the Kanima then yes." Scott said. "I'm not letting him kill one of my best friends." I said. "Especially after what happened at the pool?" Scott said. "It wasn't her." Stiles said. "Stiles, she didn't pass the test, nothing happened." Scott said. "It can't be her." Stiles said. "It doesn't matter because Derek thinks it's her." Allison said. "Yeah well if he harms her, I'm going to kill him myself." I said. "So we've either got to convince him he's wrong, or we gotta protect her." Allison said. "I don't think he's going to do anything here." Scott said. "What about after school?" Allison asked. "What if we can prove Derek that he's wrong?" She asked. "By 3:00?" Stiles asked. "There could be something in the Bestiary." She said. "Oh the 900 page book written in Archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that." Stiles said. "I think I know someone who might be able to translate it." Allison said. "I can talk to Derek. See if he'll give us a chance to prove it's not her." Scott said. "Might need your help Rye." He said. I nodded. "But if anything happens, you guys let me handle it okay?" Scott said. "What does that mean?" Allison asked. "It means you don't heal like I do." Scott said. Allison looked at him and it wasn't a nice look. "I just don't want you getting hurt." He said. She reached in her bag and looked around for something. What she pulled out next, scared me just a little. Allison pulled a crossbow out of her bag. "I can protect myself." She said. "What?" She asked. "Something else happen?" She asked. "I just don't want you getting hurt. Any of you." Scott said. "If anything goes wrong, you call me." Scott said. "I don't care if your dad finds out. Call, text, scream, yell , I'll hear you and I'll find you as fast as I can." Scott said. "We have till three." He said. He started walking out the door when we heard an arrow wizzing through the air. Scott caught it and we looked at the culprit; Stiles. "Ah. Sorry." He said as he handed Allison her crossbow.