Mysterious Youth

A year passed and Goku still hadn't returned. The Son family was getting worried but Vegeta and (y/n) strengthen their bond. After (y/n) revealed to him that he was Vegeta's son, Vegeta started to invite (y/n) on his workouts. It was actually more of a nicer way of ordering him to participate, but (y/n) still took part with pleasure. Vegeta seemed to be impressed with (y/n)'s fighting level. He picked things up quickly. (Y/n) even bonded further with the Briefs family, as he frequently helped around the lab when he wasn't training. He even started to work on device that examines vitals to better improve his father's training. The both of them also learned together on how to get used to Earth culture. Bulma frequently had her fun dressing the both of them.

One day while they were having lunch outside. Yamcha, Vegeta, and (y/n) quickly got up and looked towards the sky.

(Y/n): N-no it can't be... That Power Level...

Vegeta balled his hands into fists.

Vegeta: Curse him! Kakarot that coward! He didn't finish him off...!

Yamcha: Are you sure that power is Frieza's!?

Bulma: Huh, what!?

(Y/n): And... There's someone else with him!

Vegeta took off.

Yamcha: Come one (y/n)!

Yamcha and (y/n) followed.

When they arrived they looked around in the sky, waiting to see if anything would come down. However, Bulma, with Puar, followed them too.

Yamcha: Wh-what are you guys doing here!?

Puar: Yamcha!

Bulma: I came to see this Frieza. All that time on Namek and I never saw him.

Yamcha: You came to see him!? You know how dangerous he is!?

Bulma: So why shouldn't I come!? I bet he can just blow up the whole planet... It doesn't matter where I am! I may as well know what doom looks like.

(Y/n) and Vegeta were standing next to each other, same position and everything. They both turned their eyes to the side, when they sensed someone else coming.

Tien: Vegeta... So you were still on Earth.

Vegeta smirked.

Vegeta: Got something to say to me?

Tien: Obviously I have a lot of things to say... To the one who killed me. I don't know how Yamcha can live with you.

Vegeta: Ha! Loser!

Tien: What!?

Yamcha: C-come on, now's not the time!

(Y/n) noticed the one eyed man's little friend. They look at each other.

Tien: Is that...

Yamcha: Vegeta's son. He's a good kid... *Whisper* Not like his dad.

Vegeta turned his head slightly but brushed the comment off.

Tien: We're in a serious mess... Is this Frieza?

Yamcha: Y-yeah... Apparently

Vegeta: Suppress your power before you small talk you morons! They have scouters! The Namekian has done it already... Now there's a warrior.

Yamcha: Namekian?

In the distance Piccolo was standing on a rock.

Yamcha: Piccolo!? When did he get there...!?

Then Gohan and Krillin arrived.

Krillin: Hey you guys!

Bulma: Yoo hoo!