Chapter nine

CHAPTER NINE: code breaker

•°¯'•• 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳 ••'¯°•

EREBUS ARGENT WAS NERVOUS. If he got caught by another hunter, or, worst, his mother, he would be in so much trouble. He heard something crash downstairs, immediately his head snapped up. What had his mother done?

"Don't push me Kate!" Chris yelled.

So, Kate was here. Erebus could sneak out.

"You told her!" A quick, barely there pause. "Don't think I don't know about the clues that you've been leaving! Starting with that necklace! You have been leaving clues for both of them. Allison knows because you wanted her to. And Erebus is going to know."

"Because she needs to. And Erebus already knows."

"What?" Chris questioned. "He knows?"

"Since he was six."

"You put a child in danger?-"

Erebus snuck out the window, not hearing how Chris said that Erebus shouldn't know, how Kate was stupid and careless to out Erebus in danger like that. And now Allison.

He wasn't there for Chris and Victoria's panic reactions to seeing him not in his room. Allison was in to much shock to notice, and Kate couldn't have cared less. She assumed he had gone out to hunt the alpha himself.

Erebus had gone to the Hale house, knocking the guard unconscious and pulling him into the room. There would be another hunter, soon. He slid the door open, muttering about how he couldn't believe he was in this situation.

He held his hands up, above his head. "Derek, right?" He questioned, despite knowing that was his name. "I'm Erebus." He says, curing himself. Just get him out of here. "I'm gonna let you out of here, just, don't attack me."

He took carful steps, scanning the man to make sure he wouldn't attack him. It was clear that Derek didn't trust him. He didn't know why Derek wouldn't just listen to his heartbeat.

He quickly moved, unlocking the first cuff, when Derek's head snapped up. "Someone's coming. Hide." He demanded.

"In a second," Erebus moved to undo the second wrist lock.

Only, now he could hear the footsteps.

"Hide," Derek demanded of the younger one.