Chapter eight

CHAPTER EIGHT: formality

▀▄▀▄▀▄ Ⲅ𐒅𐒢 𐒅𐒜𐒐Ⲅ𐒢Ⲅ' 𐒅𐒀𐒐𐒀Ⲅ ▄▀▄▀▄▀

ALLISON ARGENT PULLED EREBUS ARGENT OUT OF THE ROOM. Even as Kate demanded Erebus to say. The boy stared in horror at the strung-up wolf.

Typically, blue-eyed werewolves were the only ones that Erebus killed. But, seeing Derek Hale like that, he didn't want or think he should kill the other. He was so caught up in his mind he didn't realize how fast Allison was driving.

"What are you doing to him? Is that going to kill him?" Allison asked, sounding terrified.

"What the hell are you doing to him?" Erebus questioned, just as horrified.

"Oh, come on, kiddo. Don't get all ethical on me now," Kate says.

"What is he?" Allison inquired.

"Shapeshifter. Lycan. Werewolf. To me? He's just another dumb animal." Kate made a gesture. "Come here--"  Derek flinched in pain, being electrocuted. Kate pulled Derek's lips apart, revealing the sharp k-9 teeth. "See these right here? These are canines, also known as fangs. Made for the tearing and rending of flesh. Not something you'd find on those cute, leaf-eating herbivores, is it?"

"This is a joke to you?" Allison questioned, appalled.

"Sweetheart, there are Werewolves running around in the world. Everything's a joke to me. How else do you think I stay sane?"

"You are not sane," Erebus snapped. "Sane people, don't torture other people!"

"He is not human," Kate snaps back at her son. "What is wrong with you? How is it that you always manage to disappoint me?"

The words made Erebus go silent.

"So, it was him at the high school? And all the other animal attacks?" Allison asked.

"There's actually three of them-- another younger one like him, called a Beta, and then there's the Alpha. Alpha's the pack leader-- bigger, stronger, nastier. Those are the real ugly motherf-"

The two are interrupted from recalling the moment as they hear police sirens from behind them.

"Oh, God, not now," Allison muttered.

"When were they gonna tell me?" Allison asked.

"They still haven't decided if they're gonna tell you..."  Kate tells her.