Chapter 13

The shower had been wonderful and she was quite sure she'd spent a lot longer in there than needed. Not only had she taken advantage of his overhead rain shower, she'd also taken advantage of his shampoo, conditioner and body wash. The smell of Adrien was now well and truly coating her, assaulting her senses in the most delectable way.

Stepping out of the shower, she covered her body in the fluffiest bath towel she'd ever seen; as the material rubbed against her skin, she felt as though she was being hugged by a rather squishy teddy bear. She made a mental note to ask Adrien where he got his towels from, each one would probably cost a month of her rent but she wouldn't deny the value in owning such tiny pieces of heaven.

Drying herself off, she looked around for Tikki only to find the kwami nowhere to be seen. Where had that little terror got to? Trying not to panic too much about Adrien spotting the small red bug, she hurried to dry; throwing on Adrien's clothes she stopped as her reflection looked back at her in the mirror. A Kitty Section tee. Not wanting to be massaging her crush whilst wearing a tee with her ex-boyfriends face on, she pulled it off and threw it to one side.

Looking around, she found her bralette top and placed it on before continuing her after shower routine; searching for a hairbrush. The bottoms hung from her hips as she attempted to pull them in tighter and regain some of her dignity; however, the fact she was literally in a bra didn't seem to phase her too much; after all, he'd seen her at the gym in tops equally revealing.

She moved through the cupboards, finally found a hairbrush and had to laugh; a Ladybug exclusive Tangle Teezer. A warmth flooded through her as she imagined Adrien buying such an item and using it daily. Her mask cover face flashing him her promotional smile as he'd comb through his luscious blond locks, almost as though it was her finger combing through his hair. She thought it was a stupid idea at the time, Chat being the driving force to make it happen, but now she couldn't have been more grateful. She owed him an extra special birthday gift.

Marinette took the brush to her hair and began to comb through it, glad the brush was created to be kind on her hair as the length began to untangle and stretch over her shoulders. It had grown so much. Continuing to brush the knots from her hair, she studied the bathroom set up; the lonely toothbrush and toothpaste on the side. Once again, she couldn't help but think his toiletries needed a friend. Preferably pink. Preferably hers.

She placed the hairbrush back in the drawer where she'd found it before going on search for the hairdryer, wanting to give herself a quick blow dry so when she saw Adrien she didn't leave looking like a drowned rat.

"Marinette," a small voice sounded from the doorway, Marinette creeping over and opening a crack; Tikki hovered, floating in midair holding her makeup bag.

"Thank you," she whispered to her small friend, taking the bag and heading towards the mirror once again. Bronzer, blush, eye shadow, mascara – and not forgetting her precious pink lip gloss.

A couple of minutes later, Marinette was ready to exit the bathroom and come face-to-face once more with Adrien. She looked herself over in the mirror, happy with how she looked. Afterall, Adrien called her beautiful even when her face was covered in hives, so hopefully this would blow his socks off.

Stepping to the door of the ensuite, she grasped the handle and prepared to flirt her way into Adrien's heart. This was it! It had to be! The setup was perfect, and it just seemed right. Pulling open the door and she found Adrien lying on his bed, only a towel wrapped around his waist as his face was buried in the sheets. Had he crawled his way here? Suddenly her romantic visions of Adrien serenading her were changed to that of Adrien crawling around like the woman out of the ring.

"Adrien," Marinette announced, fear coming through in her tone. She rushed forward, almost leaping onto the bed beside him only to be met by Adrien's groan.